The Adams and Reese Agricultural Chemicals Practice has resolved a variety of claims for our clients, from high-profile class action suits in hostile jurisdictions where it’s alleged that contamination has occurred, to contract disputes. We work on a daily basis with cutting edge scientific and medical issues, translating them into plain speech and presenting them to juries and other non-specialists. For over 25 years, we have represented national and international businesses, helping them avoid litigation and risk where possible and working toward favorable outcomes.
We make sure that we thoroughly understand your business and products while working in a timely and efficient manner. Our team employs conscientious staffing, giving you the proper mix of attorney and staff support without overstaffing. We seek approval before increasing the number of team members on a case and offer cost-effective solutions should your needs change.
Our toxic tort attorneys are well known in their practice with many teaching CLE courses, holding degrees in various scientific fields and serving at area colleges and universities. We represent major clients in significant litigation matters in jurisdictions throughout the United States, including before the U.S. Courts of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. Our attorneys have litigated high profile and multi-million dollar cases, including class action and multi-district litigation. We also have a large governmental relations practice.
Core Practice and Clients
We work with many of our clients over years or decades, both representing them in cases and advising them about how to avoid litigation. We do this through:
Pre-Trial Preparation: including dismissals and settlement negotiations. We work with our clients to reach the resolution that works best for their business needs.
Litigation: including class action and complex litigation. When we appear before a jury, we want to know our clients’ products as well as any expert. We have a track record of success, working closely as a team with your in-house counsel and scientists to develop your case while being respectful of their work schedules. We make sure that our presentations are understandable and effective.
Business Counsel: where possible helping you avoid risk and limit the potential for litigation. We value long-term relationships with our clients and respect their deadlines and internal needs. We get to know our clients and we’re there when you call.
- Successful in having the court dismiss an alleged national class action lawsuit claiming significant damages arising from an herbicide, which allegedly caused national drinking water contamination.
- Successful in having hundreds of claims voluntarily dismissed in a case of alleged exposure to ammonia release from a plant.
- Argued a case dealing with significant removal issues pertaining to the All Writs Act before the United States Supreme Court.
- Successfully defended a claim in an alleged national class action lawsuit that an herbicide allegedly caused a variety of occupationally related cancers and other serious health problems.
- Successfully defended litigation brought in two states by a number of individuals who asserted that our client’s product caused them to develop prostate cancer.