Arthur Fant joined Adams and Reese in 2008 as Special Counsel on the Commercial Real Estate team. He brings more than 35 years of extensive experience in commercial real estate law in Texas and Ohio to the firm, including acquisition, development, leasing, financing and land use regulation. During that time he has handled and closed hundreds of real estate transactions with a total value well in excess of $500 million.
In his practice, Arthur represents large and small public and private residential and commercial property developers, companies and businesses of all types, owners and operators of commercial real estate, landlords, tenants and lenders in a variety of real estate issues.
Arthur has been board certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Commercial Real Estate Law since 1992.
His other significant contributions include:
- Working with corporate clients to develop strategic plans for property acquisition, sales, leasing, financing, land use, government regulation, environmental issues and property management. He also assists both landlords and tenants in lease transactions and numerous individuals and companies of all types in transactional issues, including purchase/sale transactions, leasing, financing, land use and development, property restrictions, eminent domain and title work.
- Providing real estate assistance and representation for a multitude of small, medium and large companies engaged in numerous business activities, including publicly traded corporations.
- Closing a complex real estate transaction involving multiple large parcels of commercial properties for a client who owned and operated a number of automobile dealerships; total value of the transaction was approximately $50 million.
- Closing the acquisition of more than 1,000 builder lots located in 14 counties, 27 subdivisions including financing of same, total value approximately $27 million; the entire transaction from contract to closing was completed in three weeks in order to qualify the client for tax benefits.
- Representing a public company in the acquisition and financing of approximately 40 commercial properties located in multiple states.
In his free time, Arthur enjoys physical fitness and reading authors Stephen Ambrose, David McCullough, Arthur C. Clarke and many others. He is a history, comparative religion studies and science fiction fan and enjoys reading forward-thinking views on the physical sciences. He also supports a number of charitable organizations, including protective charities for animals.