Dale Allen joined Adams and Reese in 2012 as a Partner in the firm’s Nashville office.
Practicing law since 1984, Dale is a corporate lawyer who concentrates his practice in transportation, government relations and regulatory law. He is a Partner on the Government Relations team and serves as legislative counsel to a number of businesses, trade associations and nonprofit organizations with interests before the Tennessee General Assembly.
Dale has been successful in assisting in passing legislation over the past 30 years resulting in tax and regulatory relief on a variety of matters in the areas of tobacco, transportation, trucking, rental car, entertainment, and health care. Dale recently worked to secure the enactment of the Tennessee Anti-Indemnification Act for Common Carriers and also tax incentives for a major gun manufacturing company relocating to Tennessee.
Dale is ranked among Best Lawyers® in Government Relations.
Dale’s other representative experience includes:
- He has represented clients in a wide range of legislative matters including tax incentives, development and procurement issues on behalf of major automotive, entertainment, transportation interests, and gun manufacturing.
- Serves on the Board of and as General Counsel for Averitt Express, Inc. and its related entities.
- Represents several other trucking companies, including FirstFleet, Inc. and FirstExpress, Inc.
- Represents numerous other clients in the transportation industry including the Tennessee Trucking Association, Enterprise Rent-A-Car of Tennessee and American Traffic Solutions.
- Represents the Cigar Association of America and Swisher International, Inc.
- Represents several clients including Averitt Express, Beretta, Elvis Presley Enterprises and others on tax incentive matters.
Dale is an active member of the Conference of Freight Counsel and Transportation Lawyers of America. In the community, he has served on the Board of Directors of the Tennessee Performing Arts Corporation since 2013 and presently serves as Chairman of the Board. He also serves on the Board of the National Guard Association of the United States Educational Foundation. Dale served for 28 years in the Tennessee Army National Guard, retiring with the rank of Colonel in 2015. He formerly served in numerous positions including the Staff Judge Advocate General, J-7 and CACO for the TNARNG.
He received his J.D. from the Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, in 1983, and earned his B.S. from the University of Tennessee at Martin, in 1981.
Dale counts his long-time personal and professional friend, John Tanner, former member of Congress, as among the people he most admires for setting an example of working with individuals with different opinions to reach a common ground on issues.
Dale and his wife Julie have one child. While not at work, Dale enjoys golf and running, as well as watching his son play baseball and soccer.