Dale Allen joined Adams and Reese in 2012 as a Partner in the firm’s Nashville office.
Practicing law since 1984, Dale is a corporate lawyer who concentrates his practice in transportation, government relations and regulatory law. He is a Partner on the Governmental Relations team and serves as legislative counsel to a number of businesses, trade associations and non profit organizations with interests before the Tennessee General Assembly.
Dale has been successful in assisting in passing legislation over the past 25 years resulting in tax and regulatory relief on a variety of matters in the areas of trucking, rental car, entertainment and health care. Dale recently worked to secure the enactment of the Tennessee Anti-Indemnification Act for Common Carriers.
Dale’s other representative experience includes:
- For more than 25 years has represented clients in a wide range of legislative matters including tax incentives, development and procurement issues on behalf of major automotive, solar, entertainment, and transportation interests.
- Serves on the board of and as general counsel for Averitt Express, Inc.
- Represents trucking companies, including FirstFleet, Inc., FirstExpress, Inc. and Volunteer Express, Inc.
- Represents numerous other clients in the transportation industry including the Tennessee Trucking Association and Enterprise Rent-A-Car of Tennessee.
- Represents the Cigar Association of America and Swisher International, Inc.
- Represented several clients including Averitt Express, Elvis Presley Enterprises and others on tax incentive matters.
Dale is an active member of the Conference of Freight Counsel and Transportation Lawyers of America. In the community, he is on the board of directors of the Tennessee Performing Arts Corporation and a board member of the National Guard Association Foundation of the United States. Dale has served for more than 20 years in the Tennessee Army National Guard, where he currently holds the rank of Colonel as the J-7 supporting legislative initiatives on the state and federal levels. He formerly served in numerous positions including as the Staff Judge Advocate for the TNARNG.
He received his J.D. from the Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, in 1983, and earned his B.S. from the University of Tennessee at Martin, in 1980.
Dale counts his long-time personal and professional friend, John Tanner, former member of Congress, as among the people he most admires for setting an example of working with individuals with different opinions to reach a common ground on issues.
Dale and his wife Julie have one child. While not at work, Dale enjoys golf and running, as well as watching his son play baseball and soccer.
Click for headshot