Jay Campbell joined Adams and Reese in 2006 and serves as the Partner in Charge of the Firm's Memphis office.
Jay is a member of the Transactions and Corporate Advisory Services Practice Group and focuses his practice on middle-market mergers and acquisitions and middle-market corporate finance, including corporate lending and corporate equity formation.
Jay regularly assists middle market clients with the acquisition and disposition of operating and financial assets. He assists clients with private equity offerings, equity recapitalizations, and other capital formation techniques. Jay represents both borrowers and lenders with lending transactions, including club deals, syndicated loans and other complex lending transactions.
Some of Jay’s representative transactions include the following:
Acquisitions and Dispositions:
- Represented Purchaser in $120 million strategic acquisition through reverse triangular merger (Biotech and Household Cleaning Industry);
- Represented Seller in $67 million disposition of operating assets (Food Services Industry);
- Represented Purchaser in $19 million strategic product line acquisition (Household Cleaning Industry);
- Represented Purchaser in $6.4 million strategic acquisition of product line (Chemical Industry);
- Represented Purchaser in $6 million strategic equity acquisition (Household Cleaning Industry);
- Represented Seller in $5.4 million disposition of product line (Health Supplement Industry);
- Represented closely held company on a business unit divestiture and equity reorganization (Industrial Cleaning and Maintenance Industry).
- Represented Borrower in $127.5 million senior secured corporate note offering (Energy Industry);
- Represented Lender in $109 million senior project finance facility (Specialty Manufacturing);
- Represented Borrower in procuring $110 million syndicated lending facility (Chemical and Household Product Industry);
- Represented Borrower in $90 million syndicated lending credit facility (Biotech and Household Cleaning Industry);
- Represented Borrower in $40 million public debt offering (Elder Care Industry);
- Represented Issuer in $20 public debt offering for financing of baseball stadium (Sport Industry);
- Represented Borrower in $35 million syndicated lending credit facility (Biotech Industry);
- Represented Borrower in $50 million mezzanine credit facility (Biotech Industry);
- Represented Lender on creation of a $45 million term and revolving lending facility (Specialty Manufacturing Industry);
- Represented Lender on $7 million subsidiary lending facility (Logistics Industry); and
- Representing Borrower on series of industrial development bond issues totaling $140 Million (Healthcare).
Jay earned his J.D. from Vanderbilt University School of Law. Prior to attending law school, Jay earned a Bachelors of Business Administration degree and a Masters of Science in Information Systems Technology from George Washington University and worked as an application developer for SwissFone, Inc., a former subsidiary of the Swisscom group. While at George Washington University, Jay had the opportunity to study at the Insitut des Etudes Politiques de Paris (Science Po) in Paris, France.
Jay currently serves as the treasurer of South Woods Baptist Church in Memphis, Tennessee.