Lara White joined Adams and Reese in 2000 and is a member of the Products Liability, Pharmaceutical and Medical Device, and Class Actions and Complex Litigation teams. She focuses her practice on the handling and management of complex litigation matters, including discovery, document management, witness development, briefing and presentation of dispositive motions, and settlement evaluation and negotiation. Prior to joining Adams and Reese, Lara practiced insurance coverage litigation for more than five years at another large defense firm in New Orleans.
Her contributions include:
- Working closely with clients in the chemical, consumer products, education, food and beverage, insurance, manufacturing, oil and gas, pharmaceutical and tobacco industries. Matters have ranged from straight-forward negligence or breach of contract claims to complex litigation, class actions, mass torts and multi-district litigation.
- Helping to defend and try a complicated products liability case to a jury in Texas state court involving a bus crash that killed and injured numerous passengers.
- Strategizing, preparing and defending a client at arbitration after the firm was retained to handle the breach of contract arbitration on only several days notice. Her involvement assisted in successfully reducing the client’s potentially significant exposure and damages.
- Managing a large electronic document review team in multi-district pharmaceutical litigation in coordination with other national counsel.
- Successfully obtaining pre-trial resolution of numerous tobacco products liability cases through creative dispositive motion practice.
Lara is actively involved in the ABA and served as Subcommittee Co-Chair and Program Co-Chair of the Women in Products Liability Subcommittee of the Section of Litigation Products Liability Committee from 2007-2010. She is also an active member of the Food and Supplements Subcommittee.
Lara has spent many years working on the recruitment and development of new lawyers for the firm. She served for several years on the Recruiting Committee, acted as the New Orleans office Summer Associate Coordinator in 2005 and participates in the firm mentor program.
Lara is active locally with the Preservation Resource Center, a local nonprofit historic preservation organization.
Click for headshot