Mark Beebe joined Adams and Reese in 1989 and is a Partner in the Litigation Practice Group. He focuses his practice in the areas of antitrust, securities litigation, officers and directors duties, contractual obligations and business and contractual disputes. Mark has also been involved in multi-district litigation and class action litigation.
Mark has appeared before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, various federal district courts of Louisiana, Mississippi and Pennsylvania, and the state courts of Louisiana, Texas and the District of Columbia.
His other significant contributions include:
- Being recognized as one of the leading antitrust lawyers in Louisiana, having advised numerous clients on competition issues including non-competes, joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions.
- Representing companies in the securities arena such as Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse First Boston (formerly Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette), Salomon Smith Barney, First Investors INVESCO and US Trust, as well as prosecuting claims of fraud for the Jefferson Parish School Board §457 Deferred Compensation Plan.
- Advising the boards of publicly traded companies such as the Jazz Casino Corporation and not-for-profits including the New Orleans Center for the Creative Arts - Riverfront, the Algiers Charter School Association and the Crescent City Charter School Association.
- Being named among New Orleans CityBusiness Leadership in Law in the Class of 2007.
- Being actively involved in the management of the firm, serving as the former Litigation Practice Group Leader, Business Litigation Team Leader, Associate Liaison and Associate Claims Counsel. These positions helped Mark take an active role in the opening of the Birmingham, Memphis and Nashville offices.
- Membership in the New Orleans Regional Leadership Institute, Class of 2003, and election to the 2003 Power Generation by New Orleans CityBusiness.
In the community, Mark volunteers with various community organizations, including having chaired the Christian Brothers School Capital Campaign Major Gift Committee, served as President of the Stuart Hall Parents Club, acted as counsel for the Friends of Pontiff Playground and the Pontiff Playground Boosters, volunteered with several United Way charities, served as counsel to the Donald W. Richardson Memorial Trust Scholarship, and graduated from the Metropolitan Action Committee's Leadership Forum.
In his free time Mark enjoys the outdoors and athletics. He is also an avid reader of mysteries, legal thrillers and books about historical figures. Most importantly, his greatest joy comes from spending time with his sons — watching them grow, learn and enjoy life.
Click for headshot