Paul Carrubba joined Adams and Reese in 2005 and is a member of the Banking and Finance Team within the firm’s Transactions and Corporate Advisory Services Group. He has significantly expanded the firm's banking practice nationwide through his legal experience and banking background. His areas of experience include checks, drafts and other negotiable instruments, wire transfers, Automated Clearing House and other electronic transactions, and the laws and regulations governing each of them.
With more than 37 years of experience in the financial services industry as a bank operations manager, consultant, author and attorney, Paul has written six books on banking and banking law and has served as an expert witness in numerous cases on issues dealing with reasonable standards in the banking industry. His clients include several top financial institutions in the country and a number of software and service provider vendors for the financial services industry.
His significant contributions include:
- Serving as Senior Vice President and Manager of Operations for a regional bank for 20 years and working in the financial services software industry for eight years, which connected him to major banking organizations in the United States, Australia, the United Kingdom and South Africa.
- Teaching at the Alabama School of Banking, the Bank Administration Institute’s Graduate School of Bank Operations and Technology and at the Mississippi School of Banking.
- Membership on the Executive Committee and Board of Directors of the National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA), the Bank Administration Institute’s Council for Educational Services and the Operations and Technology Commission.
- Serving as Chairman of the Operations and Automation Committee of the Mississippi Bankers Association.
- The author of six books including: Revised UCC Article 3 and 4, A Banker’s Guide to Checks, Principles of Banking, and Remote Deposit Capture Practical Considerations.
Paul frequently presents seminars and other presentations on banking law and regulations.
Click for headshot