Johnny Domiano, Jr. joined Adams and Reese in 1995 as a Summer Clerk and was hired a year later to support the firm’s litigation practice in New Orleans. Since then, Johnny has developed extensive experience in many areas of the law, including commercial litigation, antitrust litigation and advice, D&O liability, securities litigation, franchise disputes, shareholder disputes, insurance and business interruption coverage, energy and maritime matters, products liability, general casualty and toxic tort.
Johnny also represents clients in the oil and maritime industries in defense of personal injury, death and property damage claims. He is experienced in the drafting, negotiation and litigation of master service agreements, operating agreements, maritime and commercial contracts. Johnny frequently provides industry-specific training and legal presentations, which provide client value.
Some of his other significant contributions include:
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Litigation of commercial and casualty matters
- Investigation of serious casualties, around-the-clock disaster response, and working with governmental agencies and investigators to enable clients to quickly manage their response and assess their risks
- Assist in the development of risk management programs, the analysis of insurance programs and the improvement of internal procedures
- Client training on employer incident investigations and employer liabilities regarding harassment, discrimination, hiring, firing, discipline and litigation avoidance strategies
Johnny is a past Chair of the ABA’s Admiralty and Maritime Law Committee.
Within the firm, Johnny assisted unifying the firm's hiring practices and procedures across all of its offices as the former Liaison Partner in charge of recruiting.
In the New Orleans community, he serves as Member at Large on the Executive Committee of the Jefferson Chamber of Commerce. Johnny formerly served as Chairman and during his tenure, the Chamber earned the distinction as the leading Chamber in Louisiana. He is also a graduate of the Leadership Jefferson Class of 2008.
In his free time, he enjoys New Orleans Saints football, LSU sports and playing golf.
Click for headshot