Victor “Vic” Lott, Jr. joined Adams and Reese in 1993 and is one of the senior transactions attorneys in the firm. He regularly represents clients in complex transactions, including large institutional multi-state timberland transactions. He is one of the best known forestry attorneys in the country and is known as a deal closer. He is one of only three Super Lawyers® in Alabama for corporate and business transactions.
As one of the first transactions attorneys hired for the Mobile office, Vic has served as the firm’s Transactions Practice Group Leader and has supported growth in this practice area through his 38 years of experience and the training of other transactions attorneys.
His other significant contributions include:
- Representing clients in the purchase and sale of businesses and assets, venture capital financing (debt and equity), corporate governance and structuring, mezzanine finance, asset based lending, real estate development and finance and lender representation.
- Closing transactions valued well in excess of $1 billion a year in the aggregate, particularly in heavy manufacturing, resort development, telecom asset acquisition, asset acquisition in “stalking horse” transactions, financings by oil and gas trading entities and major timberland purchases and financings.
- Serving as President of the Alabama State Bar and as Chair of the Alabama Disciplinary Commission, building a strong network and supporting professional responsibility and practice development among attorneys and judges across the state.
- Being named to Best Lawyers® - Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Securities Law - and Alabama Super Lawyers® in Business/Corporate Law
- Named Alabama Pro Bono Attorney of the Year in 1998.
- Serving as Vice Chair of Membership for the Forestry Resources Committee of the American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy and Resources.
Vic has served as Chair of the Executive Committee at Adams and Reese and has been a Partner since he joined the firm in 1993. He currently serves on the Board of Trustees of the Dauphin Island Foundation, the Board of Trustees for the UMS-Wright Foundation, the President’s Cabinet for the University of Alabama, and as immediate Past Chair of the Mobile Arts and Sports Association, Inc. Senior Bowl. He enjoys fishing, wing shooting, reading and travel.
Click for headshot