William C. Perez is a member of the Corporate/Securities/Mergers and Acquisitions team in the firm’s New Orleans and Washington, DC, offices. Billy has extensive experience in all aspects of public and private company corporate and securities matters, including:
- Private equity transactions, including venture capital
- Project finance and capital markets
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- Complex business transactions, including joint ventures, spin-offs and strategic alliances
- Securities law compliance, including under Sarbanes-Oxley
- Start-up and emerging growth company matters
- Corporate governance
- Stockholder disputes and corporate control
- Strategic contracts
- Turnaround and crisis management (early and late decline)
- Legal and transactional due diligence
- Corporate organization
- General corporate counseling
Billy, who also has a LL.M. in Securities and Financial Regulation and a MBA with an emphasis on manufacturing, has worked in both law firm environments and as in-house counsel.
His experience includes:
- General Counsel for an international computer hardware manufacturing company and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Co-founded and/or operated several companies in diverse fields such as manufacturing, high-tech, food service and retail.
- Practiced with international law firm Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP in the firm's Washington, DC office.
In the community, Billy is a member of the Board of Directors of Social Entrepreneurs of New Orleans (SENO), an organization that connects entrepreneurs and innovators with the resources necessary to start and build their businesses primarily through accelerator and professional mentor programs. He is active with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee, and is a member of the ALSAC/St. Jude Leadership Council (formerly the Professional Advisory Board).
Billy is licensed to practice law in Louisiana, the District of Columbia, and Virginia.