Helping clients expect the unexpected is part of our job. Our lawyers across multiple disciplines are seasoned counselors who help clients weather any storm, whether it’s a hurricane, ransomware attack or emerging health threat.
Clients rely on Adams and Reese to help them plan for and respond to crisis situations. Because we have guided clients through many significant threats, we know what to expect, how to mobilize resources and what to do to at every stage of a crisis.
Our team is currently focused on helping organizations in light of COVID-19 (coronavirus). View our collection of resources and information.
Thanks to our regional footprint across the Southeast, our team is familiar with a host of natural disasters that can strike, both with advance notice and without warning. Our team members have helped clients with proactive disaster planning for events such as hurricanes, and our experience includes post-natural disaster relief counseling in the event of an unanticipated weather event such as a tornado or flood. We address issues including insurance claims, business interruption, liability, employment issues and related litigation that may arise following a severe weather event.
Further, our team understands that crisis preparation extends to more than just weather. We bring together lawyers with broad industry and business experience to address modern, emerging threats such as cybersecurity. Today’s businesses rely on secure networks, so we focus on helping companies ensure they are prepared for a data privacy crisis that could take down their systems. In the event of such an incident, our experienced team is available to help respond to threats and attacks. We work with clients to secure and recover data, as well as addressing vulnerabilities in processes and procedures in the hopes of minimizing fallout from these incidents.
Just as data privacy and cybersecurity are changing the crisis preparedness and response landscape across our increasingly connected world, so is the threat of a global health crisis. Our teams work closely with clients to monitor and address emerging health concerns that threaten to bring business to a grinding halt. In these situations, we help businesses focus on what they can do to prepare ahead of time, if possible, and work with them to ensure they have policies and procedures in place to respond to a pandemic or outbreak should it directly threaten their personnel or operations.
From labor and employment law counsel that helps an organization understand what to do about employee safety to addressing supply chain issues when a health scare is taking place overseas, our team brings composed and thoughtful guidance to clients facing uncertainties and risk.
We are continuing to help our clients and communities handle the growing impact of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. We have mobilized an Adams and Reese COVID-19 Task Force, which is tracking the rapidly changing situation, and we are providing updated resources with current information as it becomes available. The Task Force includes professionals with a wide range of experience across many practice areas that are vital to ensuring our clients receive timely guidance on issues at hand. The information on this page offers a general overview of the issues many companies are facing and our firm’s capabilities. We are grateful for the opportunity to serve you; please do not hesitate to reach out to us for help with any issue you may face.
Relief Assistance Guidance
- PPP Reboot is Good News for Small Businesses
- The Big EZ? SBA Forgiveness Applications Are Revised, Not Revamped
- Acting Administrator for USDA Rural Business-Cooperative Service Talks About $1 Billion B&I CARES Act Loan Program
- Louisiana Joins Other States in Move to Protect Businesses from Coronavirus Lawsuits, but will it be Enough?
- Road Work Ahead: The Federal Reserve Updates Main Street
- New Paycheck Protection Program Rules Give Much Needed Options and Flexibility to Small Businesses
- You want answers? SBA provides loan forgiveness guidance
- Mayor Benjamin Talks COVID-19 Response and the Booming City of Columbia
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Forgiveness Application
- Now What: Can Federal Loan Programs Help With Long Term Recovery Strategies?
- SBA Says PPP Funds Cannot Be Loaned to DIP, but One Court Finds the Prohibition Violates 11 U.S.C. § 525(a)
- Coronavirus & The New Normal: Balancing A Return To Work And Public Health
- So Many Decisions, So Little Time: Are Forgivable SBA Loans the Best Option for my Business?
- SBA To Provide Small Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus Up to $2 Million in Disaster Assistance Loans
Government Investigations and White Collar Defense
- My Employee Tested Positive for COVID-19. Now What? (Part II)
- Louisiana Employers Now Required to Notify Workers of Availability of Unemployment Compensation at Time of Separation
- COVID-19 Return to Work Policies – Are You Ready?
- Tip for Collecting Health-Related Information for Essential Workers: Minimizing the Risk of Transmitting COVID-19 in the Workplace
- Tips to Employers: Staying Ahead of EEO Challenges Faced by COVID-19
- On-Demand Webinar: Understanding the Paycheck Protection Program and its Interplay with Newly Mandated Sick Leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act and download an electronic copy of the presentation
- On-Demand Webinar: Employment Law Changes and Challenges and download an electronic copy of the presentation
- Changes to State Unemployment Laws During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Revised Bill Signed into Law Requiring Small Business to Provide Paid Leave due to Coronavirus
- Proposed New U.S. Employment Laws Amid Coronavirus: Good News for Employees, Not Exactly Ideal for Small Businesses
- My Employee Tested Positive for COVID-19. Now What?
- Is a Perfect Storm Creating the Environment for Significant Tort and Liability Reform in Louisiana?
- 2020 Louisiana Legislative Session: TBD
- HR 748 – The CARES Act “Phase 3 of the COVID-19 Response Effort” Provisions for Higher Education
- When it Arrives, How Can Companies Take Advantage of State and Federal Stimulus and Aid?
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- COVID-19 Emergency Appropriations for Employee Benefits
- President Signs Emergency Supplemental to Combat Coronavirus
Cybersecurity and Business Continuity
- 24/7 Data Breach Hotline
- COVID-19 Pandemic Increases Ransomware Targeting of K-12 Schools
- Gary Brantley talks COVID-19, Remote Workforces and Cities of the Future
- A Cautionary Tale: Corporate Boards, COVID-19 and Cybersecurity
- Remote Working Challenges: What are the Best Practices for Customers to Electronically Execute an Agreement?
- FCC Opens the Door to Wider Adoption of Telehealth with $200 Million in Programs
- On-Demand Webinar: Working Remotely and Remaining Cyber Safe
- On-Demand Webinar: COVID-19 and Business Continuity: Keeping Your Operations Up and Running in a Crisis and download an electronic copy of the presentation
- As Telehealth Services Expand, Beware of Data Protection and Cybersecurity Challenges
- U.S. Coast Guard Issues Guidelines for Reducing Cyber Risks at MTSA Facilities
- Remote Learning due to COVID-19 Brings New Challenges for Protecting Data Privacy and Security
- U.S. DOJ Action Reminds Businesses to Remain Vigilant to Deter Coronavirus-Based Wire Fraud
- Telehealth Rules Relaxed Amid COVID-19 Outbreak, Enforcement of Privacy Laws Unclear Coronavirus Poses Threats to Organizational Cybersecurity and IT Systems
- Potential Investment Litigation and Arbitration Trends Arising out of the Coronavirus Financial Crisis: The Effect of Some Recent Legal Holdings
- TCPA Alert: Second Circuit Breaks Trend, Adding New Life to TCPA Litigation
- The Impact of the CARES Act on Small Business Reorganizations
- CARES Act – Provisions Pertaining to Credit Reporting and Mortgage Forbearance Banking Garnishment Law: Stimulus Payments Under the CARES Act and Their Status as Exempt from Garnishment
- Federal and State Regulators Issue Much Needed Guidance to Financial Institutions Making Loan Modifications Required by COVID-19
- Proposed Legislative and Regulatory Guidance for Financial Institutions during the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Banks and Financial Institutions Working with Customers Affected by the Coronavirus Pandemic
Global Trade and Transportation
- U.S. Delays Collection of Certain Import Duties for 90 Days
- Taking Action Against Vessels During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- Contractors, Prepare for Construction Projects to Stop, and Know Your Legal Rights
- Force Majeure in the Oil Patch
- Global Trade Policy Updates During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Coronavirus and the Maintenance and Cure Obligations of the Employers of Seamen
- As Global Trade Slows, How Can Businesses Mitigate Interruption to Supply Chains?
- Attention! Key Legal Considerations for Contractors as the Economy Opens
- On-Demand Webinar: Coronavirus Impacts on Construction Projects and download an electronic copy of the presentation
- Historic Contract Principles May Impact Rights Arising From Construction Project Delays Caused By Current Coronavirus Pandemic
- Coronavirus Expected to Bring Serious Delays and Complications to Construction Projects
- On-Demand Webinar: Update: Coronavirus Guidance for School District Administrators
- On-Demand Webinar: In-Depth Coronavirus Guidance for School Districts Administrators and download an electronic copy of the presentation
- On-Demand Webinar for BRAC: Paycheck Protection Program and Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- On-Demand Webinar for Metro Nashville: Understanding the Paycheck Protection Program
- On-Demand Webinar for SWLA: Understanding the Paycheck Protection Program
- On-Demand Webinar: Federal Stimulus Programs for OMSA
- How Will COVID-19 Affect Vital Utility Services?
- Practical Tips for Protecting Corporate Attorney-Client Privileges in a Work-From-Home Environment
- On-Demand Webinar: How the Stimulus Package Affects Your Business
Updates can also be found by following the firm’s pages on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. Our YouTube channel contains all the coronavirus-related webinars we have produced to date, and all content is available to stream on demand.