New team adds strong mix of financial services and real estate talent to serve clients
In a move that signals its deep commitment to serving its financial services clients, the law firm Adams and Reese is opening offices in Atlanta, Ga., and Fort Lauderdale, Fla., bringing on board initially 10 new lawyers to do so. This is Adams and Reese's first office in Georgia and its sixth in Florida, and gives the firm approximately 300 attorneys and advisors across 18 offices in the southern United States and Washington, D.C.
The regional law firm, highly regarded for its work in the financial services, energy and insurance industries, is consistently ranked among the nation's top 200 law firms .
Ron C. Bingham, II, is the Partner in Charge of the firm's new Atlanta office and is joined by Bryan E. Busch, and Matthew B. Norton. Christopher Y. Mills leads the Fort Lauderdale office. All four were previously with Baker Donelson and join Adams and Reese as Partners. Six additional attorneys are joining the new Adams and Reese Partners at the outset in these markets as well.
The geographic expansion is the latest in a series of investments made by the firm consistent with its strategic plan to strengthen its market position as the outside legal counsel of choice in dedicated practice areas for organizations doing business in the southern region of the country and beyond.
"We've spent years looking for the right opportunity to expand to Atlanta and Fort Lauderdale. This team brings the exact mix of legal talent, pragmatic business sense and entrepreneurial vision we want for clients and for our firm," said Adams and Reese Chairman Bill McElveen. "We couldn't be happier to welcome Ron, Bryan, Matt, Chris and their team to the firm."
The new Adams and Reese partners further strengthen the firm's bench in financial services:
- Ron C. Bingham, II, is Partner in Charge of the Atlanta office. Ron represents financial institutions, asset-based lenders, investment funds and CMBS special servicers. He advises clients regarding commercial workouts, receiverships, bankruptcy and commercial litigation matters in state and federal courts throughout the country. Ron also provides insolvency-related advice to clients in litigation and transactional contexts, and participates in out-of-court restructurings on behalf of a variety of parties. Ron currently serves as Vice Chair/Chair Elect of the Atlanta Bar Association’s Bankruptcy Section and is on the Board of Directors for the Southeastern Bankruptcy Law Institute and the Board of Advisors of the Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce. Ron is a graduate of John Marshall Law School and earned dual bachelor’s degrees in Economics and Finance from North Carolina State University.
- Bryan E. Busch joins the firm as a Partner in Atlanta. Bryan represents corporate clients in all types of business disputes including breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duties, securities litigation and business torts. He has a wide range of experience litigating cases in both state and federal courts across the country as well as arbitration, mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution. He is actively involved in the State Bar of Georgia Litigation Section, the Cobb County Bar Association and the Cobb County Chamber of Commerce. Bryan is a graduate of Georgia State University College of Law and earned his B.S. in Business Finance from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
- Matthew B. Norton joins the firm as a Partner in Atlanta. Matt focuses his practice on real estate-related matters and secured transactions collateralized by both real estate and other property. His clients include banks, large and small real estate developers, real estate brokerages, self-storage facilities, senior living and day care facilities, hotels, student housing facilities, apartments, non-profit hospitals, residential and commercial condominiums, mixed-use developments, urban transit agencies, and others. Matt is active in the American Bar Association Real Estate Section and the Georgia Bar Association Real Estate and Business Sections. He is a graduate of Georgia State University College of Law and earned his B.S. in International Affairs from the Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Christopher Y. Mills is Partner in Charge of the Fort Lauderdale office. Chris has extensive experience representing lenders with originations, acquisitions, servicing and the disposition of commercial loans. He serves as corporate counsel providing regulatory advice to lenders that participate in loan programs of the U.S. Small Business Administration. He has also successfully completed the National Association of Development Companies (NADCO) 504 SBA Loan Closing Course. Chris is active in both The Florida Bar and State Bar of Georgia Real Estate Sections and the Florida Bankers Association. He is a graduate of Stetson University College of Law and earned his B.S. in Political Science from Jacksonville University.
We’re all extremely focused on the business of law. Adams and Reese embraces our intense dedication to client service and provides a strong platform for maintaining and expanding our financial services practice," said Ron C. Bingham, II, Adams and Reese Partner. "We already share many clients and we’re excited to collaborate with our new partners and strengthen those relationships going forward.”
"Our strong financials allow us to make smart investments that ensure we provide our clients with high-value services and our lawyers with the tools, resources, and the collaborative platform they need to succeed," said Gif Thornton, Managing Partner of Adams and Reese. "Excellence is at the center of all we do. We are committed to seeing our clients, our lawyers and our firm thrive long into the future. "
The new Atlanta office is located at 3424 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1600, Atlanta, GA 30326. The new Fort Lauderdale office is located at 350 East Las Olas Blvd., Suite 1110, Fort Lauderdale FL 33301.
About Adams and Reese LLP
Adams and Reese is a multidisciplinary law firm with approximately 300 attorneys and advisors in 18 offices across the southern United States and in Washington, D.C. The firm is best known for its litigation, transactional and public policy work in the financial services, energy and insurance sectors.
Adams and Reese is a member of AdvanceLaw’s preferred panel of law firms, which are selected based on their quality, client-service, efficiency and innovation, as well as their business practices in the areas of diversity, community service and pro bono. It is also part of the State Capital Group. The firm is among those listed in The American Lawyer's Am Law 200, and is among the top 200 in The National Law Journal's NLJ500. More information about the firm can be found at www.adamsandreese.com.
- For interviews, please contact Ann Wallace, Chief Marketing Officer, at 504.585.0172 or firstname.lastname@example.org.