Adams and Reese had 15 attorneys across the firm’s regional footprint selected among the “Lawyers of the Year” for 2014 in their respective practice areas by Best Lawyers®, the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession.
Best Lawyers® designates “Lawyers of the Year” in high-profile legal specialties in large legal communities. Only a single lawyer in each specialty in each community is being honored as the “Lawyer of the Year.”
Adams and Reese attorneys named “Lawyers of the Year” in their respective cities and practice areas include:
- Holmes Adams – Litigation in Jackson
- Rita Caughman – Litigation Trusts and Estates in Columbia
- Robin Cheatham – Financial Services Regulation Law in New Orleans
- Charlie Cook – Litigation Banking and Finance in Nashville
- Ray Cornelius - Securitization and Structured Finance Law in New Orleans
- Brooke Duncan – Labor Law Management in New Orleans
- Robert Eckinger – Litigation Antitrust in Birmingham
- Charlie Gay - Product Liability Litigation Defendants in New Orleans
- Reed Houk - Financial Services Regulation Law in Nashville
- Cliff Moore - Litigation Banking and Finance in Columbia
- Charles Pinckney - Securities Regulation Law in Birmingham
- Daniel Rester - Gaming Law in Baton Rouge
- Karen Thomas in Trusts and Estates in Columbia
- Gif Thornton - Government Relations in Nashville
- Joe Walker - Litigation Trusts and Estates in Memphis
Best Lawyers compiles its lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting exhaustive peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. The current, 20th edition of The Best Lawyers in America (2014) is based on more than 4 million detailed evaluations of lawyers by other lawyers.
The lawyers being honored as “Lawyers of the Year” have received particularly high ratings in the surveys by earning a high level of respect among their peers for their abilities, professionalism, and integrity.