Jerry Sheldon joined Adams and Reese in 1997 and currently works as Of Counsel in the areas of energy and environmental and real estate law. His more than 40 years of experience include preparing title options for oil and timber companies and representing clients before the Mississippi State Oil and Gas Board.
He has delivered numerous presentations on real estate and oil and gas law topics as well as CLE seminars to groups such as the Mississippi Association of Petroleum Landmen, American Association of Petroleum Landmen - Gulf Coast Division, Mississippi Oil and Gas Lawyers Association and the Mississippi Oil and Gas Institute.
His significant contributions include:
- Working on several large gas storage projects, all involving title, regulatory and eminent domain matters.
- Coordinating title, regulatory and general efforts in a recent oil field discovery in Wayne County, Miss.
- Supporting the firm by seeking laterals and mergers, and assisting with recruiting efforts, including recruiting from law schools.
- Being named to the Best Lawyers® since 2003 in Energy Law and Natural Resources Law; also ranked in Mid-South Super Lawyers® and Chambers USA.
In addition to his passion for energy and environmental law, Jerry is a long-time college basketball fan. Scholarships from the sport paid for his undergraduate education. He enjoys spending time with his extended family and is waiting to see if his grandson will develop an interest in basketball.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 1970
- Millsaps College, B.A., 1967
AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Best Lawyers® - Energy Law, Natural Resources Law
Chambers USA - Energy and Natural Resources
Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" in Jackson – Natural Resources, 2016
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
United States Oil and Gas Association
Mississippi Oil and Gas Lawyers Association
American Association of Petroleum Landmen
Mississippi Association of Petroleum Landmen
Mississippi Bar Association - Natural Resources Section, Past Chair
Capital Area Bar Association
Madison County Bar Association