Clients know they can count on me to always be available, responsive and on watch for them. I am available for my clients no matter the hour, but also work hard to help implement preventive measures they can take to avoid problems that might lead to litigation.
Adam Griffin’s practice focuses primarily on data privacy and security. He advises clients nationwide on a spectrum of data privacy and security issues, including breach response, vendor management, policy and procedure preparation and review, regulatory compliance, incident response planning, audit and investigation oversight and related litigation.
Adam is well versed in the privacy laws that is impacting businesses across industries, including education, financial services, and technology. He is able to counsel clients on the federal, state and international laws (e.g., COPPA, GLBA, GDPR, FERPA, CCPA) pertaining to the privacy and security of his clients’ data. He often interfaces with the technology and data security professionals within organizations to most efficiently solve problems and plan for inevitable incidents.
With a background in insurance coverage litigation and a technical knowledge base — including an undergraduate degree in business information systems — Adam is well-positioned to counsel clients on matters in the cyber liability and data privacy and security fields. Adam also represents a number of educational institution clients in litigation, and advises schools on a range of issues at the intersection of law and technology.
Adam is one of the few attorneys in Mississippi to be CIPP/US certified by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP). He frequently writes and contributes to publications pertaining to data privacy and security as well as speaks on these topics at conferences, trainings and seminars across the U.S.
Additionally, Adam maintains a civil litigation practice, including large and complex cases for national clients in the areas of forestry, agriculture and construction.
“ As technology changes the world and the practice of law, I enjoy looking for additional opportunities to apply innovative technologies to a range of matters in an ongoing effort to better serve the needs of clients. ”
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 2010
- Mississippi State University, B.B.A., 2007, Business Information Systems
- Mississippi Supreme Court
- Alabama Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Areas of Practice
- Best Lawyers® Ones To Watch - Commercial Litigation; Litigation - Construction, 2021
- Mid-South Rising Star® (by Thomson Reuters) General Litigation, 2019
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- The Mississippi Bar - Business Law Section, Litigation Section
- The Alabama Bar
- Defense Research Institute
- Jackson Young Lawyers
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association