The goal of my practice is to best meet the needs of my clients while always maintaining an innovative and dynamic approach to diverse legal practice. I understand that legal issues are not one-dimensional, so it is important to me that I clearly communicate with my clients about all the complexities they face. Being hard-working is not just an attribute to me, but a lifestyle I apply to all my work.
Angela Grate’s practice focuses on corporate transactions, education law, data privacy, cybersecurity, labor and employment, and data management. She works as part of a team to aid clients in a variety of matters.
Angela attended Emory University School of Law, where she graduated with honors. While studying at Emory, she served as a teaching assistant for the Career Strategy and Design Professional Development Course and was a Dean’s List scholar. She was also a staff member of the Emory Law Journal, where she was honored as the Outstanding Notes and Comments Editor her third year, and the vice president of the school’s Federal Bar Association chapter. Angela earned her undergraduate degrees in Political Science-Economics and English Literature, summa cum laude, from Capital University.
Prior to joining the firm, Angela was a legal extern for the Health Law Partnership in Atlanta and a judicial intern to the Honorable Clyde Reese III at the Court of Appeals of Georgia. She also interned with the U.S. Department of Labor, Office of the Solicitor. She has experience working with bankruptcy and personal injury matters from her time as a legal intern.
Before becoming a practicing attorney, Angela was a business analyst, and she translates her professional analytical skills into every aspect of her legal practice.
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 2020, with Honors
- Capital University, B.A. in Political Science-Economics and B.A. in English Literature, 2017, summa cum laude
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
Areas of Practice
- Emory Law Journal, Staff Member
- Dean’s List
- Career Strategy and Design Professionalism Development Certificate
- Outstanding Notes and Comments Editor, Emory Law Journal
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- The Judge Clarence Cooper American Inn of Court (formerly the Lamar Inn of Court)
- That Makes Three! The U.S. States Trickle Toward Extending Consumer Data Privacy Protections with Colorado’s Privacy Act, Adams and Reese Client Bulletin, July 2020