I work strategically to determine the course of action that will provide the most favorable outcomes for my clients – that will best meet their business objectives.
Ben Miller is a trial lawyer whose practice is focused on defending against personal injury and wrongful death litigation, most often in cases arising from accidents involving commercial motor vehicles. He has extensive experience with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, as well as new legislation and case law in Texas that have significantly impacted the defense in commercial motor vehicle litigation. Additionally, Mr. Miller is frequently called upon in the moments following serious accidents to lead post-accident investigations, including driver and witness interviews, evidence preservation, and coordination with law enforcement.
“ For a corporate defendant, being aggressive and active right from the start, especially in personal injury defense, is the most effective way to take control of a case away from the other side. and will ensure either an early and cost-effective resolution or superior preparation if the case must be tried. ”
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2008
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice, M.A., 2003, Forensic Psychology
- Southwestern University, B.A., Psychology, 2000
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Ben volunteers his time in the community by coaching youth sports.
Areas of Practice
Texas Rising Stars® (by Thomson Reuters) Civil Litigation: Defense 2015-2019
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
Ben is a member of the Texas Young Lawyers Association, the Houston Bar Association, the Houston Young Lawyers Association and the Texas Association of Defense Counsel.
- Post-accident investigations of and subsequent successful defense of two different motor carrier clients in motorcycle fatality cases in neighboring Texas counties.
- Successful defense of regional motor carrier in minor impact case in which Plaintiff underwent lumbar and cervical fusion surgeries.
- Successfully defended multiple trucking, transportation, and logistics companies in complex injury and wrongful death cases arising from commercial motor vehicle accidents.
- Successfully defended oilfield services company in numerous personal injury matters arising from motor vehicle and oilfield accidents.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of scaffold company in wrongful death case arising out of an accident that occurred at a refinery.
- Successfully defended a chemical supplier against claims of negligence, breach of contract, and breach of warranty in an action arising out of allegedly contaminated diesel fuel.
- Successfully defended a drilling company in negligence and breach of contract action in connection with work performed on a pipeline installation project.
- Successfully defended a pipeline installation company against negligence and private nuisance claims arising out of a pipeline project.
- Successfully defended a tire inflator manufacturer in products liability action in federal court.