I work strategically to determine the course of action that will provide the most favorable outcomes for my clients – that will best meet their business objectives.
Benjamin C. Miller is a trial lawyer with a practice focused primarily on personal injury litigation, with additional experience in products liability, premises liability, construction, commercial and general civil litigation. He has extensive experience in matters involving Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, oilfield services, contractual indemnity, and catastrophic personal injuries. His graduate studies included research in the field of juror decision-making and jury selection.
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2008
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice, M.A., 2003, Forensic Psychology
- Southwestern University, B.A., Psychology, 2000
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Ben volunteers his time in the community by coaching youth sports.
Areas of Practice
Ben has been recognized as a Texas Rising Star® in Civil Litigation: Defense since 2015.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
Ben is a member of the Texas Young Lawyers Association, the Houston Bar Association, the Houston Young Lawyers Association and the Texas Association of Defense Counsel.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of scaffold company in wrongful death case arising out of an accident that occurred at a refinery
- Successfully defended oilfield services company in numerous personal injury matters arising from motor vehicle and oilfield accidents
- Successfully defended a chemical supplier against claims of negligence, breach of contract, and breach of warranty in an action arising out of allegedly contaminated diesel fuel
- Successfully defended a drilling company in negligence and breach of contract action in connection with work performed on a pipeline installation project
- Successfully defended a pipeline installation company against negligence and private nuisance claims arising out of a pipeline project
- Successfully defended a tire inflator manufacturer in products liability action in federal court