I understand how hard my clients work to do what they do, and how important it is to help them protect what they’ve built. I work closely with my clients to ensure that we are always working harder and smarter than our opponent.
Chelsea J. Lu is a litigator practicing in all areas between commercial, construction, maritime, and regulatory matters. She uses her diverse experience and practice to benefit every case and client.
Chelsea has represented clients in all stages of litigation through trial, arbitration, and administrative proceedings. She is recognized by her peers among Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch. Her comfort in the courtroom began in law school when Chelsea was a varsity moot court advocate, winning several awards around the country, and an assistant editor of the South Texas Law Review. She was a Dean’s Scholar, HBA Litigation Section Scholarship recipient, Association of Corporate Counsel Diversity Scholarship fellow, and Federal Bar Association Blask fellow. After graduating, she was inducted into the Order of Barristers, a national honorary organization for lawyers with demonstrated exceptional trial and oral advocacy skills.
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2016, cum laude
- Texas A&M University, B.A., Political Science, B.A., Philosophy, 2013
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
Chelsea is on the executive committee and president-elect for the Leadership Institute of Women of Color Attorneys, Inc.
Chelsea has volunteered with Voices for Children, Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) of the Brazos Valley, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Brazos Valley, and the Boys and Girls Club of America.
Areas of Practice
- Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch – Commercial Litigation, 2022, 2023, 2024
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Order of the Barristers
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Bar Foundation