In order to be an effective advocate for my clients, I stay up-to-date on developments in several areas of litigation. My focus helps me build stronger cases and see things from different angles. I enjoy learning more about different issues at hand and welcome the challenge of complex matters.
Darryl Wilson is a litigator who assists clients in all phases of complex litigation in federal and state courts. His experience includes litigating matters in the areas of premises liability, negligence, negligent supervision, negligent hiring and training, products liability, breach of contract, labor and employment, workers’ compensation and mass tort/class action claims.
Additionally, Darryl has defended clients in complex, catastrophic injury claims in federal and state courts throughout Mississippi.
An accomplished speaker, Darryl regularly attends and speaks at conferences to educate insurers on case law updates. This helps him effectively and aggressively defend insurance litigation matters.
During law school, Darryl served as president of the Black Law Students Association, Constance Slaughter-Harvey Chapter, and was a member of the University of Mississippi School of Law Trial Advocacy Board, Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity and Student Health Law Society. He was a finalist in the Steen Reynolds & Dalehite Trial Advocacy Competition at the University and competed in the Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Competition for the Southern Region of the National Black Law Students Association in 2013. He also served on the Executive Board of the National Black Law Students Association as the Director of the Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Competition and Director of Programming from 2013–2014.
- A Millennial’s Guide to Succeeding in a Multigenerational Law Practice, For the Defense, Co-Author, November 2017: 90-91
- How to Be a Good Mentee,
tyl, Author, August 2017
“ Managing all phases of complex litigation is an art. To paint the best picture for clients, it is imperative to stay abreast of recent trends in litigation to help obtain the optimal results. ”
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 2014
- Tougaloo College, B.A., 2011, magna cum laude
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
Areas of Practice
- Mid-South Rising Stars® (by Thomson Reuters) General Litigation 2018
- Tougaloo College 40 Under 40, 2017
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Mississippi Bar
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- National Bar Association
- Magnolia Bar Association
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Jackson Young Lawyers
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated, Rho Xi Lambda Chapter, President, 2018-present; Vice President, 2017
- 100 Black Men of Jackson, Incorporated
- Tougaloo College National Alumni Association, Parliamentarian, 2017-2018
- The Service U Give: Providing Pro Bono Representation to the Underprivileged, Magnolia Bar Association, Jackson, MS, Panelist, November 2018
- Where We Started, Capital Area Bar Association Diversity Committee, Jackson, MS, Moderator, March 2018
- The Business of Law: Best Practices in Managing Solo or Small Firm Practices, Magnolia Bar Association, Jackson, MS, Moderator, November 2017
- Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Law: Overview of Significant Issues, Workers’ Compensation Institute Educational Conference, Orlando, FL, Speaker, August 2016
- Understanding the Verdict Sheet, Where am I and Why Does It Matter, America’s Claims Event, Minneapolis, MN, Panelist, June 2016