In order to be an effective advocate for my clients, I stay up-to-date on developments in several areas of litigation. My focus helps me build stronger cases and see things from different angles. I enjoy learning more about different issues at hand and welcome the challenge of complex matters.
Darryl Wilson is a litigator who assists clients in all phases of complex litigation in federal and state courts. His experience includes litigating matters in the areas of premises liability, negligence, negligent supervision, negligent hiring and training, products liability, breach of contract, labor and employment, workers’ compensation and mass tort/class action claims.
Additionally, Darryl has defended clients in complex, catastrophic injury claims in federal and state courts throughout Mississippi.
An accomplished speaker, Darryl regularly attends and speaks at conferences to educate insurers on case law updates. This helps him effectively and aggressively defend insurance litigation matters.
During law school, Darryl served as president of the Black Law Students Association, Constance Slaughter-Harvey Chapter, and was a member of the University of Mississippi School of Law Trial Advocacy Board, Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity and Student Health Law Society. He was a finalist in the Steen Reynolds & Dalehite Trial Advocacy Competition at the University and competed in the Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Competition for the Southern Region of the National Black Law Students Association in 2013. He also served on the Executive Board of the National Black Law Students Association as the Director of the Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Competition and Director of Programming from 2013–2014.
- A Millennial’s Guide to Succeeding in a Multigenerational Law Practice, For the Defense, Co-Author, November 2017: 90-91
- How to Be a Good Mentee,
tyl, Author, August 2017
- The Service U Give: Providing Pro Bono Representation to the Underprivileged, Magnolia Bar Association, Jackson, MS, Panelist, November 2018
- Where We Started, Capital Area Bar Association Diversity Committee, Jackson, MS, Moderator, March 2018
- The Business of Law: Best Practices in Managing Solo or Small Firm Practices, Magnolia Bar Association, Jackson, MS, Moderator, November 2017
- Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Law: Overview of Significant Issues, Workers’ Compensation Institute Educational Conference, Orlando, FL, Speaker, August 2016
- Understanding the Verdict Sheet, Where am I and Why Does It Matter, America’s Claims Event, Minneapolis, MN, Panelist, June 2016
“ Managing all phases of complex litigation is an art. To paint the best picture for clients, it is imperative to stay abreast of recent trends in litigation to help obtain the optimal results. ”
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 2014
- Tougaloo College, B.A., 2011, magna cum laude
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
Areas of Practice
- Mid-South Rising Stars® (by Thomson Reuters) General Litigation, 2018-2019
- Tougaloo College 40 Under 40, 2017
- The Mississippi Bar Leadership Forum Class of 2020
- State Farm’s Inaugural Rising Stars Academy, 2019
- The National Black Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, 2019
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Mississippi Bar:
- Young Lawyers Division, Awards & Nominations Committee Chair, 2019-2020
- American Bar Association
- ABA Young Lawyers Division Scholar, 2019-2020
- ABA Young Lawyers Division Resolutions Team, Member, 2019-2020
- ABA Young Lawyers Division Infrastructure and Regulated Industries Committee, Member, 2020
- Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section (TTIPS) Young Lawyer Representative to the Outreach to Young Lawyers Committee, 2018-2020
- Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section (TTIPS) Young Lawyer Representative to the Corporate Counsel and In-house Professionals Committee, 2018-2019
- Defense Research Institute
- National Bar Association
- Magnolia Bar Association
- Fall CLE Co-Chair, 2018-present
- MagBar Law Camp Committee, Member, 2016-present
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Jackson Young Lawyers
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated, Rho Xi Lambda Chapter
- President, 2018-2020
- Vice President, 2017-2018
- 100 Black Men of Jackson, Incorporated
- Constitution & Bylaws Committee, Chair, 2017-present
- Tougaloo College National Alumni Association
- Parliamentarian, 2017-2018
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice in a fatal motor vehicle collision suit wherein the Plaintiff motorist negligently entered a roadway causing my client’s driver to collide with the vehicle.
- Obtained dismissal on summary judgment of a state agency wherein the Plaintiff alleged that the state agency failed to supervise and oversee its independent contractors in a construction project which caused the Plaintiff motorcyclist to obtain injuries in a single motorist accident.