I have a keen understanding of the issues facing clients and actively guide them to avoid litigation and resolve disputes in a practical and cost-effective manner — whether prior to litigation or in trial or appellate courts.
Dusty Sharpes is an experienced litigator who represents clients in complex commercial disputes and logistics- and transportation-related litigation.
He has considerable experience representing banks and financial services organizations in a wide array of matters and in defending wrongful death, premises liability and other claims involving catastrophic injuries or loss.
He has also litigated numerous cases involving claims of misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair competition and violations of various consumer protection laws.
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 2012, with honors
- Wesleyan University, B.A., 2008
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Areas of Practice
- Georgia Rising Stars® (by Thomson Reuters) Civil Litigation: Defense 2019-2020
- Emory Law Journal, Managing Editor
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia
- Reintroducing Intent into Predatory Pricing Law, 61 EMORY L.J. 903 (2012)