Edward J. Rice, Jr. joined Adams and Reese in 1966 and serves Of Counsel in the Litigation Practice Group in the firm's New Orleans office.
Eddie's practice includes health care litigation, pharmaceutical and medical device, products liability, medical professional liability and class action.
His significant career accomplishments include:
- Listed in Best Lawyers® in Personal Injury Litigation and Product Liability Litigation.
- Recognized by Louisiana Super Lawyers® in Personal Injury Defense: Products.
- Named Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Louisiana State Bar Association in 1981.
Eddie has written articles for and lectured at numerous continuing legal and medical education seminars. He has served on the Loyola Law Alumni Board of Directors, the Loyola Law School Continuing Legal Education Committee, the Tulane University Law School Continuing Legal Education Committee and the Tulane University Joint Committee on Medical and Legal Education.
He is a member of the Federal, American, Louisiana State and New Orleans Bar Associations. He served as chairman of the Young Lawyers Section and as a member of the Board of Governors of the Louisiana State Bar Association for five years. Additionally, he served as secretary-treasurer and was editor-in-chief of the Louisiana Bar Journal for two years and was chairman of the Committee on Bar Admissions for 10 years.
He is a member of the Defense Research Institute, having served on the Board of Directors for three years. He is also a member of the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel and is past president of the New Orleans Association of Defense Counsel. He has served for three years on the Board of Directors of Lawyers for Civil Justice. He is a fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers, having served as chairman of the Publications Committee, as a member of the National Trial Competition Committee and currently serves as a member of the Board of Regents.
Eddie is a past president of the International Association of Defense Counsel and has held numerous other positions within the IADC including faculty on the Defense Counsel Trial Academy, director of the Defense Counsel Trial Academy, convention chairman, defense counsel committee chairman, member of the Continuing Legal Education Board and chairman of the Executive Committee.
Eddie obtained a J.D. in 1965 from Loyola University and a Bachelor in Business Administration in 1963, also from Loyola.
More than 40 years ago, Eddie is said to have introduced timesheets to Adams and Reese.
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, J.D., 1965
- Loyola University, B.B.A., 1963
Areas of Practice
- AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers® - Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants, Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Louisiana Super Lawyers® (by Thomson Reuters) Personal Injury Defense / Products 2007-2014
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Past President
- New Orleans Association of Defense Counsel, Past President
- Defense Research Institute, Board of Directors
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Board of Governors, Secretary-Treasurer
- Lawyers for Civil Justice, Board of Directors
- Editor, Louisiana State Bar Journal