Over the course of my career I have represented various clients in trials and appeals. These can be stressful experiences for the parties involved, so I always focus my attention on my clients and their definition of a successful outcome.
Gregory J. Jolly practices primarily in litigation, with an emphasis on labor and employment and construction-related matters. He counsels clients on issues pertaining to wage and hour, discrimination, and retaliation claims, risk mitigation, internal audits, employment contracts, restrictive covenants, separation agreements and workplace rules and policies.
On the construction front, Greg has extensive experience representing industry clients dealing with damage and property disputes in both state and federal courts. His experience also includes reviewing insurance policies to evaluate coverage issues involving property damage claims, analyzing agency policies and procedures to ensure compliance with state and federal laws, advising on policies and procedures and recommending updates, and drafting new policies and procedures.
Notably, Greg has conducted multiple state and federal jury trials resulting in favorable verdicts. He also has prosecuted and defended multiple appeals in the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals and Florida appellate courts.
In 2015, Greg earned his J.D., cum laude, from Stetson University College of Law. While in law school, he was a certified legal intern for the State Attorney’s Office – 6th Judicial Circuit.
Greg graduated from the United States Merchant Marine Academy in 2006, where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in logistics and intermodal transportation. He served in the United States Navy as a reservist from 2006 to 2016 (honorable discharge) achieving the rank of Lieutenant Commander. During that tenure, he was third officer for Overseas Shipholding Group, Inc., working as a ship’s officer aboard ocean-going commercial oil tankers.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 2015, cum laude
- United States Merchant Marine Academy, B.S., 2006
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Areas of Practice
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- Represented governmental agencies and individual law enforcement officers throughout South Florida against federal civil rights claims, medical malpractice claims, ADA claims, premises liability claims, negligence, and various intentional tort claims.