Understanding my clients’ operations and business needs is of paramount importance as we jointly formulate and implement practical legal solutions. As such, I approach each legal issue with an open mind and work closely with my clients to understand their unique circumstances and goals. I am passionate about building and maintaining positive client relationships and serving as their trusted advisor.
Caleb Anderson is a member of the firm’s Financial Services Practice Group with an experienced transactions and corporate practice in areas of environmental law, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financing transactions, and bankruptcies.
Caleb is admitted to practice in Texas, Colorado, New York, and the District of Columbia.
Caleb conducts extensive due diligence for industry clients involved in complex transactions involving the purchase and sale of large businesses and also counsels companies regarding their exposure to actual and contingent liabilities, while also managing environmental consultants and other third-party relationships.
Caleb’s corporate law experience includes advising private equity firms, hedge funds, and asset management firms in a range of mergers and acquisitions, finance, and intellectual property transactions as well as in corporate governance and corporate securities with a focus on oil and gas transactions. Most recently, Caleb focused his transactional practice on environmental and natural resources law.
Caleb’s representative experience in environmental law includes:
- Counseling clients focused on LNG, O&G, renewable energy, and infrastructure projects with Environmental, Health and Safety (“EHS”) compliance and due diligence matters related to federal, state, and local EHS regulations and products liability;
- Managing third-party relationships including EHS consultants and advising and negotiating notices of violations, consent decrees, permits and other EHS issues with state and federal agencies on behalf of clients;
- Negotiating various commercial contracts including LNG, O&G, and renewable power supply/purchase agreements, EPC, storage agreements, joint ventures, new energy construction projects, and intra-company agreements;
- Advising asset management firms, private equity firms, and creditors and debtors with environmentally-sensitive restructurings and bankruptcies.
Caleb received his J.D., from the Sturm College of Law - University of Denver, graduating with a Corporate and Commercial Law Certificate. He was a best brief winner in the Duberstein Moot Court Bankruptcy Competition, and his law school activities included participating in OUTLaws an LGBTQ student organization, and the Colorado LGBT Bar Association.
Before attending law school, Caleb’s first career was in financial services and investments, working for global firms, including Merrill Lynch. Caleb earned his B.A., cum laude, in Economics and International Relations from Tulane University with a minor in Business Administration. While at Tulane, he was a member of Omicron Delta Epsilon, the Economics Honor Society.
Caleb is active in giving back to his community; he maintains an active pro bono practice, most notably assisting LGTBQ+ clients seeking asylum in the United States and assisting U.S. veterans.
Caleb is fluent in Spanish and proficient in French.
- Sturm College of Law - University of Denver, J.D., 2016
- Tulane University, B.A., 2006, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- New York
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- New York
- Habitat for Humanity, Volunteer
- Houston Food Bank, Volunteer
Areas of Practice
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- D.C. Bar
- New York State Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association