While I advise many different types of regional and national companies, I both target and get solicited by businesses owned and run by women and minorities. I care a lot about the clients I counsel and believe in their corporate mission and the good people who run these companies. I like helping them help their families and others who depend on them. I take the work my clients do personally, and they tell me they value my multifaceted experience, broad skill sets and reassuring bedside manners.
Honored by many national and regional organizations for both her service to clients and diversity work, Jaimmé Collins counsels clients on corporate governance, contractual and general business matters and government regulatory compliance issues. Jaimmé investigates internal allegations for companies, drawing on years of experience in quickly assessing risks and managing the response, with clients, by working with investigating governmental authorities, the media
As a commercial litigator, Jaimmé has also represented clients entangled in disputes involving
Serving as outside general counsel for several smaller businesses, Jaimmé closely monitors rules, regulations and business developments that may affect them so she can best handle their legal issues and help them achieve their business goals. Sometimes that means sitting in on the meetings of the firm’s various practice groups – such as government relations or transactions – to absorb any information on issues that matter to her clients. Other times that means gaining a full understanding of her clients’ business by spending a non-billable day at their workplaces, whether that’s in a company’s office or manufacturing plant. Or, for the New Orleans-based fishing business she represents, she puts on her rain boots and visits its facilities in the Bayous to talk with the chief financial officer.
Much of Jaimmé’s practice centers on advising clients in the education arena, including members of charter school management teams. This representation evolved out of her experience advising directors and officers and her ability to comprehend complicated regulatory schemes quickly and then help clients translate that knowledge into strategy to enhance everyday business operations.
Before becoming a lawyer, Jaimmé worked in the Clinton Administration in the Office of Political Affairs. She later worked as a staff member for United States Senator Mary Landrieu. Her work in the executive branch and on Capitol Hill informs the service she delivers to her clients, particularly with corporate governance and compliance issues. She maintains the relationships she cultivated during her political career, which also benefits clients.
“ Sometimes when my clients encounter crises or even less dire challenges they ask me to come visit them – even when I tell them, “You don’t need me because in this situation I don’t add any legal value.” But they insist that my presence makes them feel calm and that they need me. Of course I come to their aid. This tells me I’m doing the counseling part of my job very well. ”
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, J.D., 2005
- Emory University, B.A., 2000
- Louisiana Bar
Areas of Practice
- Urban League Empowerment Award, National Urban League, 2014
- Karl Connor Award - A.P. Tureaud Chapter of the Black Law Students Association at Loyola University New Orleans College of Law
- Women of the Year - New Orleans CityBusiness 2011
- The Glass Ceiling Award - National Diversity Council, 2013
- Best Lawyers® - Litigation - Insurance
- Top 15 Business Women in Louisiana, National Diversity Council 2018
- Louisiana Super Lawyers® (by Thomson Reuters) Business Litigation 2018-2019
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Product Liability Advisory Council, Sustaining Member
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Louisiana Association of Black Women Attorneys
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Young Leadership Council of New Orleans
- New Orleans Bar Association
- The Greater New Orleans Louis A. Martinet Legal Society
- Children's Bureau of New Orleans - Board Member 2010-present, Chair, 2011-2016
- University Medical Center, Board Member, 2013-present
- Cabrini High School President's Advisory Board, 2008-2014
- New Orleans City Board of Trust – 2011-2012
- New Orleans Regional Leadership Institute, Class of 2012-2013
- Norman C. Francis Leadership Institute, Fellow, 2013