I am a competitive attorney with a drive to help those in need and successfully resolve their legal matters. I pride myself on building and maintaining strong relationships through communication and trust, putting my clients at ease that knowing they are in good hands.
Jeff Walker practices primarily in litigation, representing clients in contract drafting and review, negotiation, civil matters, and experienced in all levels of the trial process from taking and defending depositions to arguing motions, preparing and filing lawsuits and defending in the courtroom.
Before joining Adams and Reese, Jeff served as Assistant District Attorney for the Davidson County Office of the District Attorney General in Nashville. There, he litigated jury and bench trials as first and second chair and prepared legal documents for use in trials, hearings and other legal proceedings.
Jeff formerly served as legal counsel for a law firm where he successfully negotiated and settled complex legal disputes with insurance companies and entities and assisted in compiling documents regarding city and county budgeting. Jeff formerly clerked for the Tennessee Court of Appeals in Nashville.
While in law school, Jeff served as President of the Belmont University – College of Law Black Law Students Association, was on the board of advocates for the mock trial team, and a member of the American Inn of Court, Legal Aid Society and American Constitutional Society.
Jeff earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree with a minor in finance and economics from Middle Tennessee State University. He was a member of the Sigma Alpha Lambda National Honors Fraternity and National Society of Collegiate Scholars Activities. He participated in several organizations, including National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., and Collegiate 100 Black Men of Middle Tennessee.
- Belmont University College of Law, J.D., 2017
- Middle Tennessee State University, B.B.A., 2013
- Recovery Court
- Shelby County Commission, Town Hall Speaker: Crime Prevention
- RISE Justice Labs
Areas of Practice
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Ben F. Jones Chapter of the National Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Alliance for Black Lawyers, Political Committee
- Represented a client successfully in a legal dispute with an entity to which the client was able to receive more than $40,000 more than what she as hoping to receive.
- Represented a young woman successfully, saving her from serving multiple years in prison by digesting the facts of the case, independent investigation and effective communication.
- Saved a Florida County Government several thousands of dollars by breaking down a budgeting issue within a proposed contract brought forth in front of their Shelby County Commission.