I bring drive and passion for client advocacy to my work, as well as a diligent understanding of the laws and procedures that can benefit all my clients in areas that include creditors’ rights, commercial premises liability, complex tort litigation and bankruptcy matters in state and federal courts throughout the United States, focused primarily in Georgia, North Carolina and Florida.
Jeff Willison actively guides clients through commercial corporate litigation and corporate transactions, with his previous experience in restaurant and beverage operations, both corporate and internal, along with sales and marketing guiding his perspective as he helps businesses overcome challenges.
In particular, Jeff focuses his practice on assisting clients manage complicated commercial litigation matters, creditors’ rights, premises liability defense, complex tort defense litigation, and creditor compliance and privacy matters relating to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
Jeff also advises clients on a wide variety of transactions and contracts, including construction, supplier and marketing/advertising agreements. He assists with due diligence on purchase and sale transactions, increasing efficiency of transactions. Jeff also drafts, negotiates and advises on corporate acquisitions and dispositions, both domestic and international. He works to ensure all levels of the client’s organization understand and comply with contractual obligations in these deals, aiming to help them avoid unnecessary claims.
Jeff previously served as Corporate Counsel for ARC Management Group, LLC, where he advised on legal and operational issues for the collections firm operating throughout the U.S. and the Philippines. He provided advice regarding compliance management, risk management, transactional, employment, intellectual property, marketing, policy,
liability, litigation, regulatory, construction and corporate governance issues.
During law school, Jeff dedicated his time to counsel underclassmen on trial advocacy and worked for two years with the university’s international pro bono project to assist local merchants in Nicaragua to bring their products to market in the United States. Additionally, he spent a summer during law school as an extern for a district court judge in Forsyth County, North Carolina.
Outside the office, Jeff puts his legal skills to use in various pro bono projects that benefit underprivileged consumers with legal research for criminal and civil actions, along with various consultation on elder law issues and small business formation.
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D., 2015
- University of Colorado, B.S., 2012
- North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Areas of Practice
- American College of Trial Lawyers Medal for Excellence in Advocacy, 2015
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- National Creditor’s Bar Association, 2017 to date
- Forsyth County Bar Association, 2015–2016
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International, Edgar W. Timberlake Chapter, 2013
- Wake Forest School of Law Pro Bono Honor Society, 2015
- North Carolina Mediator per Rule 8A of the North Carolina Supreme Court Rules Implementing Statewide Mediated Settlement Conferences and Other Settlement Procedures in Superior Court Civil Actions, 2014