I manage a line-up of lawyers, paralegals, and assistants who have worked together for 15 years, and we handle cases with teamwork and efficiency. We have experience managing caseloads into the thousands – whether in the form of massive multi-plaintiff cases or massive single-claimant filings in multiple jurisdictions – and when clients hire me, they know they’re also getting a very experienced and agile team.
Matt Dowd is an experienced trial lawyer who has a national practice advising clients in product liability defense matters, including cases involving silica, asbestos, drugs and medical devices, and safety equipment products. He also advises on commercial litigation, including contracts, collections, real estate, construction, personal injury, premises liability and other matters. Matt has successfully tried numerous cases to verdict in a variety of areas, including several complex product liability and mass tort cases.
Matt also serves as outside general counsel to a variety of businesses, advising on day-to-day operational issues, contracts, transactions and litigation prevention strategies.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 2005
- Millsaps College, B.S.B.A., 2001
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
Matt is a former Board member of the Phoenix Club of Jackson, an organization benefiting the Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Mississippi and a former member of the Executive Board of the Epilepsy Foundation of Mississippi. Matt is an active member of Madison Heights Presbyterian Church in Madison, Mississippi.
Areas of Practice
- Mid-South Super Lawyers® Rising Stars - General Litigation
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Serving on the national trial counsel team for an industry-leading safety product manufacturing company
- Obtaining summary judgment on behalf of two manufacturers of the generic form of a drug alleged to have caused a neurological disorder
- Serving as local counsel for a pain pump manufacturer in a matter in which a plaintiff alleged injury due to the articular administration of pain medications
- Obtaining favorable results for clients in numerous jury trials
- Obtaining favorable results for various clients in a wide range of practice areas through motion practice, mediation, arbitration, pre-suit resolution, litigation and appeals