I work with clients on a range of business and legal matters to make sure their transactions go smoothly. I have experience assisting clients with mergers and acquisitions, timber real estate transactions and commercial real estate transactions.
Rachel Mahoney advises clients in business acquisitions and divestures, negotiating and structuring a variety of general business matters, including the acquisition and sale of timber and commercial real estate. Rachel also guides clients in the development of management, employment, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 2014, cum laude
- Mississippi State University, B.A., 2011, magna cum laude
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
Rachel is actively involved in the Order of Fuse, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to providing the spark for innovation, funding and implementation of projects benefiting children along Alabama’s Gulf Coast.
Areas of Practice
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Mobile Bar Association
- The Mississippi Bar
- Mobile Young Lawyers Association
- Order of Fuse
- Junior League of Mobile
- Represented a private equity group in the acquisition of a commercial trailer business for $3.8 million
- Represented a land and timber company in various strategic commercial real estate acquisitions and sales (averaging $ 1.5 Million each) in 1031 land exchange transactions
- Represented a timber company in over 35 small land sales ranging from $50,000 to $500,000
- Assisted a lender in multiple timber loans including a loan for $50 million
- Represented a large tool company in the acquisition of multiple small hardware companies