I am a business and commercial litigator with experience representing and defending clients in a variety of legal matters in both state and federal court.
Razwana “Rosy” Fazil has represented businesses and individuals in matters related to breach of contract, products liability, employment discrimination, the Deceptive Trade Practices Act (DTPA), trade secret misappropriation, conversion, fraud, property damage, personal injury, and negligence. Alongside her litigation practice, Rosy handles appellate matters and has prepared appellate briefing to both state and federal courts of appeal.
Rosy interned for Justice Brett Busby of the Texas Court of Appeals for the Fourteenth District and United States District Court Judge Gray Miller of the Southern District of Texas. She was born in Birmingham, England, grew up in Alice, Texas, and is fluent in Hindi, Urdu, and Punjabi.
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 2014, magna cum laude
- University of Houston, B.A., 2011, summa cum laude
Rosy is a member of Texas Executive Women, an organization which supports programs that develop and fund the advancement of women and teenage girls in the community.
Areas of Practice
- Houston Journal of International Law – Articles Editor
- University of Houston Law Center – President of the Muslim Law Students Association, Vice-President of the South Asian Law Students Association, Order of the Barons, and Order of the Coif
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
Rosy is a member of American Bar Association, the Houston Bar Association, the South Asian Bar Association, and the Houston Young Lawyers Association. Within the HBA, she has served as a member of the Teach Texas and the Lawyers for Literacy committees. Rosy has also served as a Volunteer Judge for the Houston Urban Debate League and a Volunteer Mediator for the University of Houston Law Center Mediation Clinic.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of claims against hospital based on the Texas Citizens Participation Act
- Successfully argued motions for summary judgment and default judgment for a large financial institution
- Obtained favorable summary judgment in a $4 million breach of contract lawsuit filed against a corporate client
- Obtained a favorable summary judgment for a commercial landlord in a breach of contract lawsuit filed against a tenant
- Represented an international chain of fitness centers in premises liability and negligence matters. Her representation included a matter involving a legal issue of first impression in Texas: whether Texas law imposes a duty on a business owner to use an on-premises automated external defibrillator (AED) on a patron.
- Successfully defended an international staffing agency against allegations of employment discrimination and retaliation
- Successfully defended corporate employers against allegations of negligence, negligent hiring, negligent training, and negligent supervision
- Successfully defended a psychiatric hospital in a health care liability claim filed by a former patient
- Drafted an appellate brief arguing that a director of a corporation was not subject to personal jurisdiction in Texas and obtained favorable result on appeal