I focus my legal counsel on representing insurers addressing third-party liability coverage issues.
Frequently helping her clients navigate construction defect, personal and advertising injury cases, Rebecca Appelbaum also advocates for them when they encounter third-party liability defense, extra-contractual, automobile and appellate matters.
Rebecca has written and co-authored several articles about liability coverage for New Appleman on Insurance, Mealey’s Bad Faith Reporter and the International Risk Management Institute. In addition, she contributed chapters to Defense Research Institute publications. Rebecca frequently speaks at insurance industry events including those organized by the Claims & Litigation Management Alliance, West Coast Casualty and Perrin Conferences.
By participating in professional organizations related to her specialty, such as the American Bar Association’s Section of Litigation, the Claims & Litigation Management Alliance and the Defense Research Institute, Rebecca is better able to stay current on developments and trends in litigation. She holds a preeminent “AV” rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, which is a designation signifying attorneys’ strong legal abilities and very high ethical standards.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., 1998
- Syracuse University, M.A., 1997, Advertising
- Syracuse University, B.A., 1995, Music
- New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
Areas of Practice
- AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- ABA Section of Litigation
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Defense Research Institute (RDI)
- Women’s Construction Litigation Alliance (WCLA)