I really want to understand – from a business perspective – where my client wants to be at the end of the day. I want to have a client who is happy with the results we achieve and who knows that I’ve done everything I can to get them to where they want to be.
Rich Stewart is a litigator and trial lawyer who advises clients
Rich represents a number of domestic and international clients in the oil and gas industry, including both onshore and offshore operators, drilling contractors and service companies. While much of his practice is energy-related, Rich has also represented numerous clients in other industries as well, including manufacturing, construction, transportation, insurance and financial services. In addition to advising clients on litigation, Rich provides strategic business counsel. This often includes working with clients on training, safety, investigations, emergency response and policies
Rich is fluent in French.
“ I have lived a lot of my life overseas – as a kid, during college and later in life. That experience is definitely helpful in a global economy, as I work to understand the needs of my U.S. and non-U.S. clients. ”
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2000
- Brigham Young University, B.A., 1997
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Areas of Practice
- Texas Rising Stars® (by Thomson Reuters) Business Litigation 2006-2007, 2012-2014
- Benchmark Litigation® - Future Star 2010
- Benchmark Litigation® - Local Litigation Star (Texas) Since 2011
- Assisting an exploration company realize a substantial recovery for breaches of purchase and sale agreements for oil and gas properties.
- Assisting a Thai defense contractor in recovering
forvarious claims in connection with multi-million dollar Asian defense procurements.
- Assisting a domestic operator and drilling contractor in connection with various claims arising out of a well destroyed by
- Assisting a foreign operator in recovering for damages and lost production in connection with a
- Assisting large onshore and offshore drilling contractors in defending against catastrophic personal injury claims and handling associated indemnity issues.
- Assisting a large financial services company in successfully defending consumer and mortgage-related claims.
- Assisting an investment firm in obtaining and collecting upon judgments against various defendants involved in an oil and gas investment.
- Assisting a transportation company in resolving various cargo, freight, competition, and lien issues arising out of operations.