From representing logistics companies, property owners, medical providers and insurance carriers, I always strive to keep my litigation practice diversified. I am well-versed in issues and regulations facing private individuals, business owners, risk managers and human resources directors in these industries.
Sam Jones practices primarily in litigation, insurance and labor and employment. He has comprehensive experience representing a wide range of transportation and medical provider clients in various complex litigation matters in both state and federal courts, specifically aiding clients with issues concerning damages analysis, mediation preparation, motion practice, settlement strategy, expert retention and internal investigations.
While in law school at Marquette University, Sam clerked in a Fortune 500 insurance company’s claims legal division, drafting various dispositive motions, pleadings, mediation position statements, medical chronologies, affidavits and client correspondence on behalf of staff attorneys. Sam also was involved with Marquette’s Volunteer Mobile Legal Clinic, which provided pro bono legal services to individuals residing in the greater Milwaukee region.
Sam earned his bachelor of science degree in public affairs with a concentration in law and public policy at the Indiana University’s School of Public and Environmental Affairs.
- Marquette University, J.D., 2020
- Indiana University, B.S., 2017
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Represented clients in medical malpractice actions, products liability actions, transportation litigation and other general liability matters.
- Cleanup on Mile Four: Who is Liable for Negligently Secured Cargo?, 2021