As an in-house attorney for a publicly traded medical device company, I learned how corporations really work. This helps me devise creative but practical legal solutions to meet the needs of each client.
Shawn Sentilles has more than two decades of experience in all areas of intellectual property, including litigation, patent and trademark prosecution, trade secret protection, clearance, licensing, and transactional due diligence. This experience helps me devise practical solutions.
From 2004-2014, Shawn served as the managing patent attorney for Wright Medical Technology, Inc., a multi-national medical device manufacturer. Shawn helped Wright develop a large patent portfolio, which contributed to the divestiture of Wright’s hip and knee business to MicroPort Orthopedics in 2014.
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 1991
- Tulane University, B.S., 1987
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Areas of Practice
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Memphis Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Exposure to foreign legal systems and business cultures in Europe, Asia, Australia and South America, including management of intellectual property portfolios and litigation on a worldwide basis
- Management of acquisitions and divestitures, with an emphasis on intellectual property due diligence and integration of acquired assets
- Experience with health care compliance, including playing a leading role during investigations by the Department of Justice and the Office of Inspector General
- Experience with establishing fair market values for royalty payments in the context of health care fraud and abuse