As a kid, I played on a baseball team that came close to last place two years straight. On the first day of my third year on the team, our coach gave us t-shirts that said "TEAM" in really big letters, and below it "me" in a much smaller font. Our coach made us wear these shirts to every practice and under our uniforms for every game. We won the championship that year and the next. That simple t-shirt put into perspective that we each had to commit to the TEAM, hold each other accountable and demand excellence from each other, and subordinate our individual self-interests for the TEAM in order for the TEAM to become champions. Adams and Reese is a true TEAM, a TEAM committed to providing the best legal services and value to our clients.
Tae Kim’s varied litigation background allows him to understand a myriad of challenges his clients face. Tae focuses his practice on litigating complex matters concerning labor and employment, corporate governance, banking, securities, real estate, the Uniform Commercial Code, and intellectual property.
Tae has successfully represented companies and individuals in both state and federal courts, administrative agencies, and alternative dispute resolution forums across the U.S. In addition to successfully representing clients at the trial level, Tae also has successfully represented clients at the appellate level.
As a result, Tae’s practice has grown to also consist of providing strategic, management-side advice and training, and providing consultation on a wide range of employment issues such as discrimination, retaliation, discipline, reductions in workforce, accommodations, and medical leave.
- Loyola University of Chicago School of Law, J.D., 2014, magna cum laude
- University of Florida, B.A., 2006, Anthropology
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Court of Appeals of the District of Columbia
- United States Supreme Court
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services, Foreclosure Clinic Volunteer
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Dean’s Diversity Council; Alumni Mentor; Corboy Fellows Alumni Faculty Coach; Moot Court Coach
Areas of Practice
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI) Young Professionals Board Member
- Cook County Bar Association, Juvenile Justice Mentorship Initiative Mentor
- Korean American Bar Association, Member
- Asian American Bar Association, Member and Student Mentor
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Supreme Court Opens the Door for the Recovery of Foreign Lost Profits for Patent Infringement Under 35 U.S.C. § 271(f)(2), Jeff Catalano and Tae Kim
- Attorney Malpractice for Failure to File Blue Sky Rescission Notice, Il. St. B. Ass’n Bus. & Sec. L.F. 1, 8-10 n.1 (2014), Tae Kim and Charles Murdock