My strong writing, critical thinking and interpersonal skills allow me to effectively advance my clients’ interests while advocating for justice in the community.
Troy Mainzer’s practice focuses on commercial litigation. He assists with all phases of a matter, representing clients in the real estate, financial services and insurance industries in contract disputes and complex commercial matters.
Troy previously served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Anthony E. Porcelli, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida. In this role, Troy was exposed to a wide variety of civil litigation matters and prepared memoranda, attended trials and participated in discussions of cases and legal topics. Additionally, Troy clerked for civil litigation firms during his second and third years of law school.
As an undergraduate student, Troy obtained his United States Coast Guard captain’s license and started his own fishing charter business that allowed him to explore his passion for the outdoors. He then partnered with three other University of Florida students to found the Gator Chapter of the Coastal Conservation Association. As president of the organization, Troy spearheaded multiple fundraisers, raising more than $65,000 for conservation and protection of Florida’s marine resources.
- University of Florida Frederic G. Levin College of Law, J.D., 2019, cum laude
- University of Florida Warrington College of Business Administration, B.S. in Business Administration – Finance, 2016
Areas of Practice
- Executive Symposium Editor, Florida Law Review
- Research Editor, Florida Law Review
- Book Award – Legal Research
- UF Alternative Dispute Resolution Team’s 1L Negotiation Competition – First Place
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Jesuit Tampa Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association