Our team of lawyers frequently receives national and regional recognition for providing efficient client service across the financial services spectrum. One characteristic that distinguishes us both regionally and nationally is our comprehensive coverage of the industry – reflected in the six practice groups within our Financial Services practice: Commercial Lending; Creditor's Rights / Special Assets / Workouts; Estate, Trust and Fiduciary Litigation; Commercial Financial Services Litigation; Consumer Financial Services Litigation; and Regulatory / Operations. Many of our lawyers previously worked as in-house counsel for banks and financial institutions, giving them an insider’s perspective into the client’s business.
We advise our financial institution clients on virtually all types of financial services issues, counseling and advising them on important issues affecting and involving their institution and assisting them in complying with the ever changing regulatory environment in the industry.
Whether our client is a Wall Street financial giant or a small community bank, we represent them when issues arise, working to handle or resolve the matter with a regulator, around the negotiation table or trying the case in the courtroom. Our lawyers monitor the complex and ever changing regulatory environment and offer clients clear and comprehensive advice and counsel to assist them in complying in this heavily regulated industry.
Our financial institution clients appreciate that we bring both traditional and evolving solutions in advising them on their matters: We draw on decades of institutional wisdom and experience, which serves as a foundation for our overall practice, while embracing evolving technology and innovative services that enhance our ability to serve clients.
We cultivate and maintain strong and lasting professional relationships and collaborate closely with management, boards of directors and the legal departments of financial institutions. These partnerships help our clients navigate legal issues and problems and, when issues do arise, help them work to resolve them as quickly, efficiently and effectively as possible.
Our attorneys answer questions without undue delay or cost. We keep clients updated on changes in the industry so that they can make the necessary adjustments in advance. We are known for our long-term relationships, responsiveness and in-depth knowledge of financial services industries.
The attorneys in our group bring diverse sets of skills to serve clients, which enables to help in myriad ways, including in these areas:
- Litigation: Our litigators try high-profile and multi-million dollar cases for clients throughout the United States, including class action and multi-district litigation. Drawing on our experience and familiarity the various courts and governmental agencies, we highly regarded for pursuing and prevailing on both large, complex matters as well as smaller disputes. We handle mortgage litigation and consumer financial litigation that involve the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Telephone Procedures Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Fair Lending Act, Truth in Lending Act, Real Estate Procedures Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act and other statutory and regulatory laws and rules.
- Lending: Our attorneys structure, document and close complex commercial loans, including syndicated loans and participations throughout our footprint. We also work with our clients to close loans secured by accounts receivable, inventory, equipment and other business assets. We assist financial institutions with operational aspects of project and development financing for various industrial and manufacturing properties and projects. We offer extensive knowledge of capital financing and facilities for the benefit of businesses and high net worth individuals.
- Compliance: We help clients craft and implement compliance programs in connection with federal and state regulations, consumer lending and leasing and corporate governance. This includes work with consumer credit and residential mortgage industries regarding compliance with RESPA, Regulation Z (Truth-in-Lending) and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Regulatory: We assist our clients in dealing with all Federal and State Regulatory agencies regulating financial services companies, including preparing and filing necessary applications in connection with expansions, divestitures and other necessary notices, application and/or responses to examinations.
- Payment and Investment Systems: We handle automated clearinghouse and wire transfer services, disputes arising in connection with cash letters and the clearing of paper and electronic items, master agreements and implementation forms for corporate cash and treasury management products and services.
- Electronic Finance: We draft contracts and agreements with vendors of products used to electronically provide financial services by Internet access or direct interface with the computer systems of financial services providers. We also advise on shared marketing Internet websites that provide access to financial quotes and products, including banking related services, securities and insurance.
- Structured Finance: We offer guidance on multi-tiered capital development credit facilities provided by mezzanine lenders and venture capital investors, securitization of asset-backed and mortgage loan pools, syndicated term and revolving credit facilities provided by multiple lenders, complex unsecured working capital credit facilities involving public and private companies.
- Special Assets/Restructuring: We advise to our financial services clients on workouts and restructuring transactions involving the financial condition or business operations of debtors. We also provide counsel on asset purchases, debtor-in-possession matters, pre-workout loan modification arrangements, forbearance agreements and trustees and bondholders matters.
- Letters of Credit: We represent domestic and international transactions involving letters of credit, including credit enhancement for bond issues.