Whether our team is representing a company, organization or individual in a government investigation, we provide comprehensive support throughout all stages of criminal and civil government investigations, including white collar matters.
Our team has guided national and multinational companies, boards and executives in complex criminal investigations, federal and state prosecutions and other civil actions. As part of our practice, we routinely perform corporate investigations and audits to prevent and mitigate the effects of government actions.
With a presence in Washington D.C. and in state capitals across our footprint, our team members have experience working with a variety of federal and state agencies. Our active involvement in global, national and state associations allows us to stay at the forefront of current enforcement goals and advise clients accordingly.
Whether a company seeks help with corporate compliance, or finds itself the subject of a federal or state investigation, our team has the experience to craft a customized approach and design a strategy for reaching a result tailored to allow our clients to not only defend current actions but to best protect themselves against future enforcement proceedings. Clients across several industries trust us with handling sensitive criminal and civil matters.
We understand how government agencies conduct investigations and handle prosecutions as we leverage our first-hand experience and knowledge. Our lawyers have worked at several agencies, including the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and Tennessee Attorney General’s Office.
Our team has experience defending actions, responding to subpoenas and/or presenting evidence before the following federal and state agencies:
- Department of Justice (Criminal and Civil Sections)
- Center for Medicaid Services
- Department of Homeland Security
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- Department of Defense
- Drug Enforcement Agency
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Securities and Exchange Commission
- Social Security Administration
- Department of Labor (EEOC, OSHA, NLRB, NMB)
- Department of Transportation (FMCSA, FRA, FAA)
- Internal Revenue Service
- Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance
- Tennessee Valley Authority
- Tennessee Attorney General
- Defense of foreign and domestic clients in federal bank fraud investigations
- Defense of foreign and domestic clients in federal government asset seizures
- Conducted FDA compliance investigation for a national pharmacy chain in response to whistleblower claim
- Defense of ICE audits and Notices of Violation
- Defense of HIPAA violation allegations and medical record portability issues
- Defense of multiple healthcare fraud investigations and audits by the DOJ, CMS and state agencies involving alleged violations of the False Claims Act and Anti-Kickback rules
- Representation of a large healthcare provider client in a CMS audit and penalty phase
- Defense of Federal Railroad Administration investigation related to hazardous waste shipment
- Defense of false claims allegations in federal procurement contracts
- Defense of securities fraud investigation by a state agency
- Defense of nationwide EEOC class action determination related to application of sleep apnea program under the ADA
- Successful defense of OSHA investigations involving criminal and civil penalties
- Representation of multiple clients in responding to no-match letters before the Social Security Administration
- Defense of civil penalty and fine by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Defense of foreign entity in bank fraud indictment
- Defense of multiple Civil Investigative Demands issued by the Department of Justice
- Defense of motor carriers and logistics companies in global and domestic DEA investigations
- Defense of motor carriers and logistics companies in federal and state computer fraud investigations