Recognized by prestigious national publications and attorney rating services, the lawyers on the Adams and Reese Insurance team distinguish themselves in two ways. First, we provide effective and efficient counsel on all three major insurance-related fronts: coverage, defense and regulatory. Second, we have an appellate team that represents clients in high-profile, high-exposure coverage disputes – often we’re called in to a case at the appeal stage.
The Adams and Reese Insurance Practice is ranked Band 2 in Louisiana and Band 3 in Florida by Chambers USA.
Our founders launched our partnership as an insurance defense firm. Consequently, our lawyers draw on decades of institutional knowledge while embracing cutting-edge technology and innovative service models to help clients achieve the optimal outcomes and reach their business goals.
We offer strategic counsel by helping insurance providers and self-insured clients assess and control risk and, when it makes sense, steer clear of litigation or dispense with claims quickly. When it’s best for our clients, we turn to alternative dispute resolution (ADR) measures to work out differences. But when litigation is unavoidable, we fight tenaciously. Our team understands how to expose and exploit the other side’s flaws and reach resolution on favorable terms.
Consider just a few of the ways in which we have helped clients:
- We represented insurers against multimillion-dollar property damage claims brought by large policyholders in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. Our attorneys used a wide range of expert testimony to demonstrate that much of the damages were not covered losses.
- We have defended and earned favorable outcomes for many of the major insurance companies in claims involving management, professional, commercial, cyber, marine, school leader and public entity policies.
- Our lawyers have prevailed in appellate court on several matters that have changed the complexion of the insurance regulatory framework, to the benefit of our clients.
Our team often receives referrals because clients appreciate and other firms recognize our ability to perform any legal service that an insurance company needs. We write coverage opinions, represent insurance companies or their insureds in litigation, help set up and develop insurance companies, provide counsel about compliance with state and federal laws, and serve clients on many other matters.
Additionally, with the breadth and depth of our experience and knowledge base, we also give business advice outside of the insurance arena, such as on contractual disputes or human resource issues.
Our team includes a former in-house counsel for major insurers and attorneys with extensive insurance experience at other firms. This diverse experience gives us a wide-angle perspective that informs and enhances our ability to serve clients.
Our Insurance team often takes on matters that ultimately help shape the entire landscape of the industry. We also monitor the dynamics of the casualty and coverage insurance arena, respond quickly to state and federal policy changes, and collaborate closely with clients to craft and implement strategies to advance their business objectives.
Our core practice includes serving clients in the following areas (for more details see the individual practice descriptions for Insurance Coverage, Insurance Defense and Insurance Regulatory):
- Risk Transfer
- Coverage Analysis and Counsel
- Product Development and Underwriting Advice
- Claim Management Counseling and Litigation
- Defense of Claims Involving:
- Professional Liability
- Management Liability
- Commercial General Liability
- First- and Third-Party Cyber Exposures
- Marine Personal Injury and Property Damage
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Licensing Issues
- Industry Counsel