BOOM! The Southeastern Commerce Podcast brings together regional business, government and legal leaders to discuss what's new and what's next for commerce in the Southeast.
Each episode, you'll hear an in-depth discussion on issues involving trade, economic development, government, business and transportation/logistics. We explore how these drivers shape our unique regional economy, and we explore how trends and changes might affect business operations throughout the Southeast in the years to come.
- Episode 1: From Port to Airport: New Orleans Economic and Trade Trends
The inaugural episode of BOOM! The Southeastern Commerce Podcast, features a discussion centered on the infrastructure and economic development in New Orleans. You’ll hear about the city’s job growth, New Orleans’ new airport, the effect of trade wars on the economy and trade, infrastructure challenges and an update on the Public Belt railroad.
- Episode 2: TechSC and its Plan to Help Grow the Tech Community in South Carolina
Episode 2 of BOOM! The Southeastern Commerce Podcast takes us to Columbia, South Carolina, where we learn more about South Carolina's statewide initiative aimed at driving technology growth and innovation. You'll hear about how virtually every company has become a technology company, given the amounts of data they store, as well as the inherent cybersecurity risks for all types of companies in today's interconnected world.
- Episode 3: Looking Above and Ahead: Commercial Drones in the Southeast
In Episode 3 of BOOM! The Southeastern Commerce Podcast, we take a look above and ahead at the growing use of commercial drones throughout the Southeast. This episode covers how drones are being used today, what types of regulations are in place, what regulatory and public perception hurdles are preventing further adoption of commercial drones and where the drone industry is expected to expand in the future.
- Episode 4: Coronavirus & The New Normal: Balancing A Return To Work And Public Health In Episode 4 of BOOM! The Southeastern Commerce Podcast, city and chamber of commerce representatives from Nashville Tennessee, Jefferson Parish Louisiana and Columbia South Carolina speak with Adams and Reese attorney Chris Kane about what the next few months may look like from a perspective of balancing a return to work and public health.
- Episode 5: Mayor Benjamin Talks COVID-19 Response and the Booming City of Columbia In Episode 5 of BOOM! The Southeastern Commerce Podcast, Mayor Steve Benjamin joins LaJoia Broughton and Chris Kane of Adams and Reese for a discussion about lessons learned from the City of Columbia during the COVID-19 pandemic as well as what’s next for the booming City of Columbia in regards to social and economic development projects.
- Episode 6: Gary Brantley talks COVID-19, Remote Workforces and Cities of the Future In Episode 6 of BOOM! The Southeastern Commerce Podcast, Gary Brantley, Chief Information Officer for the City of Atlanta, joins Roy Hadley and Chris Kane of Adams and Reese talk about the role that technology has in helping cities and governments respond to the COVID-19 crisis as well as the role technology will have in shaping cities of the future.
- Episode 7: Acting Administrator for USDA Rural Business-Cooperative Service Talks About $1 Billion B&I CARES Act Loan Program In Episode 7 of BOOM! The Southeastern Commerce Podcast, Mark Brodziski, Acting Administrator for Rural Business-Cooperative Service at the USDA, joins Michael Berson and Chris Kane of Adams and Reese as we learn more about the USDA’s Business & Industry (B&I) Cares Act Program, which was rolled in late May as part of the CARES Act and how it’s helping rural businesses have access to capital during the COVID-19 crisis.