With a demonstrated history of success in civil litigation, multi-jurisdictional trial experience and knowledge of the construction industry, I understand the risks involved and work hard to help my clients prepare in advance to avoid liabilities and to successfully navigate them once they arise.
Ashlee B. Poplin practices primarily in litigation and construction law. She advises clients on workplace health and safety issues and matters related to contract review, drafting and litigation, lien law, bond law, insurance, mediation, arbitration and all other aspects of litigation.
Ashlee has been recognized among the Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch in Construction Law and Litigation - Construction for three consecutive years (2022-2024), and she was selected among North Carolina Super Lawyers® Rising Stars for five consecutive years from 2018-2022. Practicing law since 2013, Ashlee is licensed in North Carolina, South Carolina and Utah.
While in law school at Campbell University, Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, Ashlee competed in several trial advocacy competitions across the nation, winning the 2013 American Association for Justice Regional Competition and reaching the semifinals at the national level. She also served as director of the law school’s pro bono council. Ashlee graduated with honors from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with bachelor of arts degrees in both psychology and political science and a minor in women’s studies.
In the community, Ashlee worked with Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools coordinating its Truancy Court Tour Program for at-risk youth and their families to foster positive relationships and interactions with educators and judges. She is actively engaged with the Charlotte Chapter of National Association of Women in Construction and serves as the communications chair on the Charlotte Council for National Women in Roofing.
- Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, J.D., 2013
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 2010, with honors
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- United States District Court, District of South Carolina
- National Association of Women in Construction, Charlotte Chapter
- National Women in Roofing, Charlotte Council Member and Communications Chair
Areas of Practice
- Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch - Construction Law, Litigation-Construction, 2022, 2023, 2024
- North Carolina Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2018-2022
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- North Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- Represented individual contractors at hearings before the North Carolina Licensing Board for general contractors to successfully preserve their license.
- Represented contractors and subcontractors in mediation and arbitration on large scale construction contracts in both North and South Carolina.
- Represented clients in litigation through trial to successful jury verdicts in both North and South Carolina.
- Variation in Acceptable Child Discipline Practices by Child Age: Perceptions of Community Norms by Medical and Legal Professionals, Behavioral Sciences & the Law, January/February 2016