I understand what my clients need – not because I read it in a book, but because of real-world knowledge and experience. This allows me to provide clients with both legal and practical advice. Although most of my practice involves litigating on behalf of my clients, I also take pride in strategically “winning” without ever stepping foot into a courtroom. Most new clients call once an issue arises; my older ones call to strategize how to avoid them altogether.
Mr. Lute’s practice areas encompass everything construction law, regularly representing general contractors and subcontractors. His practice includes full-service legal representation and consultation to his clients, including contract review, drafting and negotiations, business development strategy, collections, construction litigation, defect litigation, prosecution of lien and bond claims, local and state contractor licensing – essentially any issue his contractor clients come across. Ben also handles matters concerning water law and other environmental issues.
Mr. Lute proudly serves the construction industry and gives back wherever he can. He serves as General Counsel for various industry associations, as well as participates on a membership and board-officer level on numerous not-for-profit organizations.
He is recognized by his peers among Florida Super Lawyers® Rising Stars (2021-2023) and Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch in Construction Law, Construction Litigation, and Environmental Law (2021-2023). He’s been awarded Legal Elite Up & Comer five consecutive years (2019-2023) by Florida Trend, a Top Lawyer in Tampa Magazine, and is recognized by Martindale-Hubbell as AV Preeminent.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 2016, Certification of Concentration in Environmental Law, cum laude
- Florida State University, B.S., 2013
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
Areas of Practice
- Florida Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2021, 2022
- Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch in Construction Law, Environmental Law, Litigation - Construction, 2021, 2022, 2023
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite Up & Comer, 2019-2022
- Tampa Magazine, Top Lawyers, 2018-2019, 2022
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated Preeminent
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- Polk County Roofing Contractors Association (PCRCA), General Counsel
- Florida Irrigation Society (FIS), General Counsel
- Florida Roofing and Sheet Metal Contractors Association (FRSA)
- West Coast Roofing Contractors Association (WCRCA), Treasurer
- Florida Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Contractors Association (FRACCA)
- Active participant and supporter of local non-profit Black Dagger Military Hunt Club, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides adaptive shooting, hunting, fishing, and other outdoor opportunities for military veterans and their families.
- OSHA Defense for the Construction Industry – co-author, 2016
- How Irrigation Contractors Can Protect Themselves From the Devastating Impacts of the Novel Coronavirus, Pipeline, Vol. 17, Issue 1, 2020
- Immigration & Irrigation: What Employers Need to Know About the Form I-9, Pipeline, Vol. 16, Issue 3, 2017
- What Irrigation Contractors Need to Know About Medical Marijuana, Pipeline, Vol. 16, Issue 1, 2017
- Legal Update – What You Need to Know About the Clean Water Act (CWA), Pipeline, Vol. 15, Issue 4, 2017