Christopher Staine is a construction litigation attorney with more than 20 years of experience as both a law firm practitioner and former in-house general counsel. Chris is a board certified attorney in construction law by The Florida Bar.
Before joining Adams and Reese, Chris served as General Counsel for a global real estate investment firm with subsidiaries in development, construction, and senior living operations, and with a focus in multifamily, hospitality, and senior housing assets. Chris was also a former Partner with Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick.
Chris has successfully represented clients in state and federal courts throughout Florida, in addition to private and commercial arbitration proceedings. He devotes a significant portion of his practice to construction litigation and counseling, trust and probate litigation and guardianship matters.
As a board certified construction attorney, he represents companies, partnerships and individuals involved in all aspects of the construction process, including owners, developers, general and marine contractors, suppliers, surety companies and construction lenders. In addition to his contributions as a construction attorney, he also focuses on matters of probate and trust litigation and has represented fiduciaries such as personal representatives, executors, trustees, guardians, attorneys-in-fact and estate/trust beneficiaries, involving will and trust contests, breach of fiduciary duty, probate fraud, beneficiary and creditor rights and abuse by a Power of Attorney.
Chris is ranked by clients and peers among the “Elite Top Attorneys” by SRQ Magazine and also Florida Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” in Construction Litigation.
Frequently asked to speak before construction industry associations, such as the Florida Gulf Coast Chapter of Associated Builders and Contractors and Gulf Coast Builders Exchange, Chris has presented seminars on important topics to business owners and field executives, including contract administration, lien law, legislative issues, green building, and construction licensing.
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., 2002, cum laude
- Texas Christian University, B.A., 1997
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Florida District Courts of Appeal
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Areas of Practice
- Board Certified in Construction Law, The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
- SRQ Magazine – “Elite Top Attorneys”
- Florida Super Lawyers® Rising Stars (by Thomson Reuters) – Construction Litigation
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- Sarasota County Bar Association