Having a genuine desire to understand what my clients face in their day-to-day business and how that can impact their goals drives me as a litigator to create a strategic, tailored approach. Whether that means tactical risk mitigation or going all the way to trial, I have found that the best results come when we are moving with the same purpose.
Lauren Frieder joins Adams and Reese with a primary focus on real estate, insurance, and commercial law. As a trial attorney, she handles all aspects of pre-suit, in-suit, and post-suit litigation. Lauren routinely litigates matters involving complex business disputes, business torts, real estate transactions, breach of buyer and seller contracts, title disputes, evictions, unlawful detainer and ejectment actions, easements and boundary disputes, quiet title, foreclosures, property use and variances, lien and code enforcements, and commission disputes between brokerages. Additional litigation areas include contract and transactional litigation, Proceedings Supplementary (i.e. Post-Judgment Proceedings), FDUTPA (Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act), employment/non-compete, conversion, declaratory actions, shareholder derivative actions and injunctions, and specific performance.
Lauren advises clients from large corporations to start-ups, as well as non-profits and investors. In her work, she frequently counsels businesses and individuals regarding asset protection, wealth management, and risk management.
She credits her network within the legal industry, and specifically the Tampa Bay community, to her success as a trial lawyer. Lauren is known for her extensive knowledge and experience in choosing the right jury in her clients’ cases.
Lauren received her J.D. from Western Michigan University-Cooley Law School where she graduated Magna Cum Laude. While attending, she received several notable honors including the Dux Award, Book Award in Scholarly Writing, and Book Award in Personal and Professional Responsibility. She served as Law Review Editor, Chief Justice of Moot Court, Moot Court Board President, Governor for the Florida Bar Young Lawyers/Law Student Division, Grade Appeals Magistrate, and Law School Peer Mentor.
Prior to entering law school, Lauren worked in the television and radio industry. She was the Owner and President of Operations of a Florida-based business, to which Lauren credits her ability to inform partnerships with clients and her practice. Lauren also attributes her success in understanding the needs and goals of her clients to her educational background. In addition to her J.D., Lauren received four degrees; a Master in Business Administration with a concentration in Management and a Master of Science in Marketing from the University of Tampa, a Broadcasting degree from the Ohio Center for Broadcasting, and a B.A. in Psychology from Ohio Northern University.
Lauren is active in her community and supports nonprofit organizations such as the American Heart Association, Ronald McDonald House Charities, the Wounded Warrior Project, the Humane Society of Pinellas, and organizations that raise awareness about domestic violence. She is also a judge for various Florida moot court competitions, negotiation, and client counseling competitions.
- Western Michigan University-Cooley Law School, J.D., 2015, magna cum laude
- University of Tampa, M.B.A., 2010, Marketing
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
Areas of Practice
- Excellence in Civil Litigation, Lawyers of Distinction, 2021
- Florida's Top Real Estate Litigators of the Year, Lawyer International Top Legal 100, 2021
- Who's Who in America, Marquis Who's Who Publication Board, 2020-2021
- Industry Leader, Marquis Who's Who Preeminent Achievers, 2020
- Leading Personal Injury Litigation Attorney of the Year, Florida, AI Leading Advisor Awards, 2019
- Most Outstanding in Civil Litigation Tampa Bay, AI Global Excellence Awards, 2018
- Tampa's Real Estate Top Litigators of the Year, Legal Elite, 2017
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Real Estate Consumer Quarterback Radio Show, Legal Contributor & Analyst, 2019-present
- Ethics & Professionalism in Action Program, Guest Speaker, 2018-2021
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School's Honor Ceremony, Keynote Guest Speaker, 2016
- Florida's Medical Marijuana Act's Language is Ambiguous; Maybe the Drafters Were High When They Wrote It?, Social Science Research Network, August 2014