Raymond R. Ferrera is a U.S. Patent Attorney and serves as the team leader of Adams and Reese’s Patent Team.
Ray advises clients on how best to protect, manage, and monetize international intellectual property rights. He has obtained numerous multimillion-dollar results for clients around the world in a wide variety of patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, and other intellectual property matters.
Ray has extensive experience protecting global intellectual property rights in many different industries, including oil and gas, optical measurement, automotive devices, avionics, chemical films, computer hardware and software, microchip technologies, guidance and navigation systems, satellite technologies, signal control systems, and industrial instrumentation and control systems. He is well-versed in the specific intellectual property protection challenges of these industries across the globe.
Ray regularly handles IP litigation matters in the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas, and appellate matters before the United States Courts of Appeal for the Fifth and Federal Circuits and the United States Supreme Court.
He is also recognized to practice in patent matters before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and litigation matters before the International Trade Commission. Ray has experience in IP litigation under the Brussels Convention in Europe, and before the European Patent Office in patent hearings and appeals.
He has established and enforced intellectual property rights in over 100 countries and has experience acquiring and enforcing intellectual property assets throughout North and South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and the Middle East.
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 1995
- University of Houston, B.S., 1989
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Areas of Practice
Ray is routinely recognized by Best Lawyers® and Texas Super Lawyers® (by Thomson Reuters) Intellectual Property.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Attorneys' Liability Assurance Society
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Intellectual Property Law Association
- International Trademark Association