Ron C. Bingham II advises clients regarding commercial insolvency, receiverships, monitorships, bankruptcy, and commercial litigation matters in state and federal courts throughout the United States. His clients include national and regional banks, financial institutions, asset-based lenders, private equity funds, agribusiness lenders, CMBS special servicers, and financing subsidiaries of major industrial corporations.
Ron’s practice focuses on secured creditors and their efforts to protect and preserve collateral positions and maximize recoveries in commercial litigation and Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. Ron has served as lead counsel in numerous contested matters in bankruptcy courts across the country, and he has substantial experience with the confirmation process inherent in Chapter 11 reorganization cases. He also works with corporate directors and officers providing insolvency-related advice in transactional and pre-litigation planning contexts.
Ron is an aggressive advocate who makes it a priority to understand his clients’ preferences and objectives at the beginning of each engagement. Ron has an acute awareness of his clients’ exposure in every case and he works tirelessly to mitigate that risk as efficiently as possible. Ron considers the relationships that he has developed with his clients over the past twenty-plus years as one of his greatest professional assets.
Ron is a member of the Southeastern Bankruptcy Law Institute, Board of Directors and a Master of the W. Homer Drake, Jr., Georgia Bankruptcy American Inn of Court.
Ron serves as Partner in Charge of the Adams and Reese Atlanta office and as Leader of the Commercial Team in the Financial Services Practice Group.
“ Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. ”
- North Carolina State University, B.A., 1993, Economics
- North Carolina State University, B.A., 1993, Finance
- John Marshall Law School, J.D., 1996
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- Best Lawyers® - Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Commercial Litigation, Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Georgia Super Lawyer® (by Thomson Reuters) Bankruptcy: Business and Creditors’/Debtors’ Rights Law 2017-2023
- Georgia Rising Stars® (by Thomson Reuters) Bankruptcy: Business and Creditors’/Debtors’ Rights Law 2009-2011
- Named to Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite in Public Finance
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Southeastern Bankruptcy Law Institute, Board of Directors
- Master, W. Homer Drake, Jr., Georgia Bankruptcy American Inn of Court
- Turnaround Management Association
- Secured Finance Network
- Georgia Bankers’ Association, Firm Representative
- Equipment Leasing and Finance Association
- Atlanta Bar Association’s Bankruptcy Section
- INSOL International