We partner with our clients to manage risk through coordinated and bespoke strategies involving clearance advice, robust portfolios, well-drafted contracts, and up-to-date compliance. Our most satisfactory “wins” are the many instances in which we are able to achieve a client’s objective without resort to litigation. When litigation is unavoidable, Adams and Reese focuses on the commercial objectives of clients, while assessing legal, commercial and reputational risk.
We know that clients harbor concerns about the expense of patent litigation, and we collaborate with them to find ways to curb those costs. In addition, we understand that post-grant proceedings can serve as both a sword and a shield.
In many cases, our ability to exploit opponent weakness and minimize a dispute leads to early resolution on commercially favorable terms. We have extensive experience in:
- International litigation
- Multi-jurisdictional disputes within the U.S.
- Proceedings before the U.S. Patent Trial and Appeal Board
- Proceedings before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
- Post-grant proceedings before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Patent, trademark and copyright infringement litigation in U.S. federal courts
- Patent, trademark and copyright appeals before the relevant circuit courts
- Patent proceedings before the International Trade Commission
Members of the Adams and Reese Intellectual Property Practice Team are routinely recognized by Super Lawyers (by Thomson Reuters), Best Lawyers (by BL Rankings, LLC), IP Stars, Managing Intellectual Property’s Guide to Leading Firms and Attorneys in the U.S. and U.S. News – Best Lawyers Best Law Firms ranking (2018, U.S News & World Report and Best Lawyers® (by BL Rankings, LLC). The IP Litigation and Dispute Resolution Team includes a strong group of attorneys who handle high stakes IP matters across the globe.