Several attorneys from the Adams and Reese Bankruptcy Practice Team contributed chapters to the recently released Strategic Alternatives For and Against Distressed Businesses, 2017 Edition. Published by Thomson Reuters and West Publishing, the 1,555-page desk reference offers an overview of the options available to a distressed business and its creditors and constituents, both in and out of bankruptcy.
Birmingham Partner in Charge David Bowsher, Birmingham Of Counsel Richard Carmody, Mobile Partner in Charge Andy Freeman, and Memphis Partner Hank Shelton, a Commercial Restructuring and Bankruptcy Team Leader for the firm, collectively authored Chapter 16, “Perspectives: Buyers.”
Strategic Alternatives also includes a number of state-specific chapters covering receiverships and assignments for the benefit of creditors (ABCs) that were also authored by Adams and Reese attorneys.
- Chapter 18, Alabama, ABCs – Bowsher, Carmody, and Mobile Partner Matt Jackson
- Chapter 38, Alabama, Receiverships – Bowsher, Carmody, and Birmingham Associate Russell Rutherford
- Chapters 26 and 52, Louisiana, ABCs and Receiverships – New Orleans Partner Lisa Hedrick
- Chapters 29 and 58, Mississippi, ABCs and Receiverships – Jackson Partner in Charge Phil Buffington
- Chapter 68, South Carolina, ABCs and Receiverships – Columbia Special Counsel William Short
As one of West Publishing’s bestselling titles since 2008, Strategic Alternatives For and Against Distressed Businesses is the result of an effort of more than 100 leading restructuring professionals from various law firms.