My current practice focuses on municipal law, utilities law, government relations, economic development, land use, education law, and government litigation.
Patrick Dungan has wide-ranging experience in government law, business litigation, general civil litigation, economic development, business transactions, education law, real property disputes, bond financing, premises liability, transportation, and tax matters. He has represented multiple municipalities, planning commissions, and utility boards and provided legal counsel to multiple Fortune 500 companies as well as many regional and local companies.
He provides day-to-day operational advice to municipal governments throughout south Alabama, and he works with clients to promote economic development and provide incentives for business development.
Patrick clerked for the Honorable Roderick P. Stout, 13th Judicial Circuit of Mobile, working on all matters related to the Judge’s civil docket. While in law school, he served as Peer Review Editor on the ABA Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Journal.
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2011
- University of South Alabama, B.A., 2006, Anthropology and Sociology
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
Patrick is a past President of the University of South Alabama National Alumni Association and he currently serves on the Board of Directors of AFC Mobile, a semi-pro soccer team. He was also a member of the 2021 Class of Leadership Mobile.
Areas of Practice
- Best Lawyers® Ones To Watch - Government Relations Practice, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Alabama State Bar
- Mobile Bar Association
- University of South Alabama National Alumni Association, Board of Directors; Vice President (2016-2017); Finance Committee Chair (2016-2017)
- Mitchell Cancer Institute Development Council
- University of South Alabama National Alumni Association, President