My current practice focuses on municipal law, utilities law, government relations, economic development, and government litigation.
Patrick Dungan has wide-ranging experience in government law, business litigation, civil litigation, premises liability, personal injury, products liability, transportation, insurance defense, subrogation, immigration, and tax matters. He has represented multiple municipalities, planning commissions, and utility boards and provided legal counsel to multiple Fortune 500 companies as well as many regional and local companies.
Patrick served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Roderick P. Stout of the Mobile County Circuit Court and as a student law clerk for South Carolina Legal Services, an IOLTA-funded nonprofit firm providing free legal services to low-income residents of South Carolina.
As a law student, Patrick served as Peer Review Editor of the ABA Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Journal and was a member of the Student Bar Association and Phi Alpha Delta Fraternity. He was recognized on the President’s List as well as the Dean’s List and served as a peer mentor. As an undergraduate, he was active in the Student Government Association as a Senator and Chief Justice. He served as Alumni Relations Chair of Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity and remains a lifetime member of the University of South Alabama National Alumni Association.
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2011
- University of South Alabama, B.A., 2006, Anthropology and Sociology
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
Patrick is the current President of the University of South Alabama National Alumni Association. He also serves on the Board of Directors of AFC Mobile, a semi-pro soccer team.
Areas of Practice
- Best Lawyers® Ones To Watch - Government Relations Practice, 2021
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Alabama State Bar
- Mobile Bar Association
- University of South Alabama National Alumni Association, Board of Directors; Vice President (2016-2017); Finance Committee Chair (2016-2017)
- Mitchell Cancer Institute Development Council
- University of South Alabama National Alumni Association, President