As a former petroleum landman, I am able to better understand oil and gas, real estate, and forestry clients’ needs thanks to my hands-on experience in the courthouse record room and in the field dealing with various title issues, production companies, mineral interest owners and surface owners. No matter how complex a project might be, from permitting to litigation, I aim to help clients keep projects moving so they can reach their business goals.
With broad experience in title and oil and gas law, Alexander Bondurant brings a great deal of knowledge about the field to serve clients in oil and gas, real estate and forestry. Alex is experienced in examining and preparing oil and gas leasehold, preliminary and division order title opinions, mineral right and royalty transfers, overriding royalty transfers and assignments of various interests. He is experienced with obtaining various permits for interstate pipelines and serves as an advocate for clients with Mississippi Oil and Gas Board matters.
Alex also helps clients with real estate and forestry transactions. His experience includes the sale and purchase of commercial buildings, industrial facilities and timberland in a number of states. He assists clients with drafting real estate and forestry contracts and agreements and negotiating and closing diverse transactions. Alex has worked on complex oil and gas litigation, adverse possession and boundary line disputes, subdivision covenants and other title-related litigation matters.
After law school, Alex served as a law clerk to Honorable Chief Justice William L. Waller, Jr., Mississippi Supreme Court, from 2013–2014.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 2013, cum laude
- Croft Institute for International Studies, University of Mississippi, B.A., 2008, cum laude
Alex and his family are active members of St. James’ Episcopal Church, where he serves as the Secretary for the Vestry.
Areas of Practice
- Mississippi Law Journal, Associate Cases Editor, 2012–2013
- Mid-South Rising Star® (by Thomson Reuters) Energy and Resources, 2019
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Mississippi Oil and Gas Lawyers Association, President, 2016 – 2017
- Mississippi Association of Petroleum Landmen, Associate Director, 2017
- Sixteenth Triennial Mississippi Oil and Gas Law Seminar, Co-Chairman, 2017
- Fractional Royalty or a Fraction of Royalty Interest?, Mississippi Oil and Gas Lawyers Association
- Surface Use, Access, and Related Operator Liability Issues, Mississippi Association of Petroleum Landmen